Driving gloves for Alcantara wheel

BigOz

First Name
Ozzy
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Anybody with Alcantara steering wheel use driving gloves? If so, any recommendations? This will be for dd. Just want to protect the Alcantara. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

quitethechoi

First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I need to get me some, even though I'll look like a douche nozzle wearing gloves stuck in traffic lol. The real thin kind of work gloves work really well and grips great. For now I just make sure my hands are clean before touching the wheel. If I go too long before cleaning it, the alcantara will lose that soft fiber like feel and just feel like nothing. It's hard to explain, but there's nothing like going for a drive with a freshly cleaned alcantara wheel

HondaFan2017

Reaction score
Car(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
I have a 2019 CTR (no Alcantara wheel) and always use the gloves. I have a pair of deerskin ones(like this https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~3EAAOSwnuJcTyGk/s-l1600.jpg), tan color, thin enough, keeps my hands dry and protects the surfaces. I can even use the touch screen with them.

Before I had a Bmw 4 series GC(M steering wheel, nomal leather) and despite taking ultra care it still started to get that unpleasant shine. So I started using gloves with the CTR from day one. I just hate leaving marks, secretions all over the car.

About what others think: nobody cares... you pay the bills your choice. This is not a soccer mom's / a dime a dozen consumption car. It's something special that deserves special care.

Draxaan

Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8
Country flag
Don't have alcantara, but I wear Pratt and Hart leather driving gloves every day. You can get them on Amazon for $24-30 USD.

Advertisement

Advertisement