Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clean! Love the look - way better than stock, obviously. How much did the dealer charge for installation?
I used the same bulbs you is uses on my 9th gen Civic and although it looks really good, it didn't really give much light coverage. I switched to a headlight type LED with built in heatsink and ballast and it was night and day. I am using Philips XtremeVision H8 LED and they are even better. Designed to fire backward to reflect off the housing and not glare onlookers. Great light coverage and cutoff. They are pretty high on price but you can get at Pep Boys for $140 online and use 20PEPALL for 20% off.

Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's 20160226_172822

Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's 20160226_172814

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I used the same bulbs you is uses on my 9th gen Civic and although it looks really good, it didn't really give much light coverage. I switched to a headlight type LED with built in heatsink and ballast and it was night and day. I am using Philips XtremeVision H8 LED and they are even better. Designed to fire backward to reflect off the housing and not glare onlookers. Great light coverage and cutoff. They are pretty high on price but you can get at Pep Boys for $140 online and use 20PEPALL for 20% off.

20160226_172822.jpg

20160226_172814.jpg
140 bucks for 2 bulbs?!?!
No way would I pay that much. My fogs don't blast ot blind anyone.
I think it's your wallet that got blasted. Omg

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
140 bucks for 2 bulbs?!?!
No way would I pay that much. My fogs don't blast ot blind anyone.
I think it's your wallet that got blasted. Omg
It is high but the quality is worth it. There are lesser alternatives on eBay or Amazon. If you want functional fogs them you have to get something similar. You can tell how short the throw is on your fogs on your pics. I am speaking from experience using the same bulbs you use. Either way, aesthetically yours looks great. Just trying to help.

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is high but the quality is worth it. There are lesser alternatives on eBay or Amazon. If you want functional fogs them you have to get something similar. You can tell how short the throw is on your fogs on your pics. I am speaking from experience using the same bulbs you use. Either way, aesthetically yours looks great. Just trying to help.
The throw is supposed to be short, because in foggy conditions you can't see far from you. The further the throw is the more likely you are to blind oncoming drivers

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
The traditional hondabro in me is saying you should have made them moar yellow because yellow fogs are hella JDM yo!

Interested to see the after though :thumbsup:

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered a set of Diode Dynamics H8 XML2 6000K. Should be here tomorrow. Will post after photos. Factory fogs are too yellow for my taste.
IMG_7173.jpg
I use XML2 for my 9th gen fogs and they are great. I used Philips XtremeVision this time around for my 10th gen.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The throw is supposed to be short, because in foggy conditions you can't see far from you. The further the throw is the more likely you are to blind oncoming drivers
Sorry I meant wide.

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I meant wide.
Same problem, if they throw too wide, you are blinding people in the other lane. Fogs are not primary lights and don't need to throw far. If it makes you feel better about paying 140.00 for 2 bulbs by knocking mine, knock yourself out. But at the end of the day we both know who paid too much. :)

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same problem, if they throw too wide, you are blinding people in the other lane. Fogs are not primary lights and don't need to throw far. If it makes you feel better about paying 140.00 for 2 bulbs by knocking mine, knock yourself out. But at the end of the day we both know who paid too much. :)

Not knocking...all is good...

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a set of Diode Dynamics H8 XML2 6000K. Should be here tomorrow. Will post after photos. Factory fogs are too yellow for my taste.
IMG_7173.jpg
Good choice! I did not see those until after I had already gotten mine installed. I Like that they are an American company, make their products here, and they stand behind them.
I've seen some folks pay over 100 bucks for theirs and who knows where they came from, who really made them, if they are genuine or fakes etc.
If mine ever blow out I'll go with this brand too.

Deleted member 2574

So, I did it... Installed Diode Dynamics XML2 6000K H8 foglights.

Quick thoughts: they look good and fill out the lower portion of the headlight coverage nicely. They also match the LED headlights color.

Longer thoughts: They don't initially sit tight once installed. When researching the lights, others said the same thing. With the original rubber gasket it was still loose and turned freely. To overcome that I put the old gasket on with the new one. It needed to be forcibly pushed in and turned, but now fits like OEM.

Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's IMG_7185.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's IMG_7186.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's IMG_7198.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's IMG_7196.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's IMG_7200.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's IMG_7199.JPG

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, I did it... Installed Diode Dynamics XML2 6000K H8 foglights.

Quick thoughts: they look good and fill out the lower portion of the headlight coverage nicely. They also match the LED headlights color.

Longer thoughts: They don't initially sit tight once installed. When researching the lights, others said the same thing. With the original rubber gasket it was still loose and turned freely. To overcome that I put the old gasket on with the new one. It needed to be forcibly pushed in and turned, but now fits like OEM.

IMG_7185.JPG IMG_7186.JPG IMG_7198.JPG IMG_7196.JPG IMG_7200.JPG IMG_7199.JPG
Try talking to the Mfg about it. They seem super helpful when I was asking them questions about LED lights a few months back. Perhaps they have a solution. At the very least they will know there is an issue and correct it. How much were those if you don't mind?
Sponsored