Driver's side seat bolster loose and wobbly

LaGrrrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The door-side bolster on the driver's seat has apparently come loose. I haven't been able to get much of the way under there to see if it's just something that needs to be snapped back into place, or if it's total borked. Anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
The door-side bolster on the driver's seat has apparently come loose. I haven't been able to get much of the way under there to see if it's just something that needs to be snapped back into place, or if it's total borked. Anyone else run into this?
If you are talking about the bolster that your back rests between

my driver left side one was loose//misaligned after i had some warranty work done to my seat. when i went back to the dealer they said it was actually the side seat airbag that wasnt reinstalled properly and they were able to realign it into place

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
To steal a picture from another post, it's this one:

20191010_132729.jpg
That's going to get looser with use due to getting in and out of the car repeatedly. I'm pretty sure it's the actual foam and Alcantera compressing/stretching out.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my stitching rip apart on my 17 and Honda replaced it for me. I'd go that route or see if you can figure out how to get it back in place if you're out of warranty.

OP
OP
LaGrrrande

LaGrrrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I can definitely feel some kind of metal "fin" in the middle of the bolster, and some metal clicking when I wiggle it back and forth.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I can definitely feel some kind of metal "fin" in the middle of the bolster, and some metal clicking when I wiggle it back and forth.
Im not sure if that metal clicking is normal or not. Though I know some people have claimed having that with their new seats.

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
To steal a picture from another post, it's this one:

20191010_132729.jpg
In my original post I mentioned having warranty work done and my airbag being misaligned. Replacing my seat frame was the warranty work done for the same issue in your pic