Driver's seat height adjustment problem

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
Hello I have a 2017 civic EX hatchback. My driver's seat height adjustment lever, when lowering the height, feels like the gears or mechanism is stripped or skipping at the very last (lowest point the seat will go) setting. Raising the seat is no problem at any stage.

At the lowest height setting, the lever makes a clicking noise and it feels the gear misses or skips one then the seat will drop. Anyone else have this issue? Its a EX so it does not have a power motorized seat.

Anyone have any idea if this would affect the longevity of using the seat adjustment over time (years)? Or more of a nuisance?

Heres a sample pic, it would be the left lever, and lowering would be the down arrow.

Honda Civic 10th gen Driver's seat height adjustment problem 648878284374409538
Sponsored

OP
OP
CrazyALee

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
The whole seat, plug and play? Or the frame and they had to dismantle stuff and put it all back together?
They replaced the entire assembly, so the seat/frame/cushion/cloth. It is plug and play but they had to disconnect the battery first, due to some airbag sensors I belive. I have the heated seat feature so there some wire harness.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
They replaced the entire assembly, so the seat/frame/cushion/cloth. It is plug and play but they had to disconnect the battery first, due to some airbag sensors I belive. I have the heated seat feature so there some wire harness.
Heated seats on the Type R? What country?

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
So when you bring the seat all the way down, does it click/slip on the last push down? Or no? That’s the only case where mine seems to slip.

OP
OP
CrazyALee

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
So when you bring the seat all the way down, does it click/slip on the last push down? Or no? That’s the only case where mine seems to slip.
It used to click/slip on the last push with the older seat. But the new replacement is fine.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
It used to click/slip on the last push with the older seat. But the new replacement is fine.
Okay thanks. I do wonder if they would be willing to swap a whole seat in the CTR as well. I worry about the morons scratching or denying the cars sill while removing or installing the seats.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
They just replaced the seat frame and height adjust mechanism in my civic under warranty (setting it lower was noisy, skipped or did not work at all). It took them I think almost 4 hours.
I asked the mechanic how it went. He said "it was no fun". ?
Sponsored