Drivers Points and insurance help?

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I have a problem and I want to know how best to handle it. I received a texting while driving ticket in another state GA. I live in MD i want to keep my insurance cost as low as possible. I know in GA phone while driving is a fine and 1 point on the license. A point on a license could affect your insurance by over $400 + on your 6 month premium and it sticks with you for like 6 to 10 years i heard.

Since i received the violation out of state..and i don't want to go all the way back to GA to fight it. should i pay the fine and the point wont count because I live out of state? or do i have to fight it in court?

Anybody ever had any violation out of state and had to fight it to not get points? Need some advice
Sponsored

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My insurance is already killing me. May have to get rid of the motorcycle

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ever think about doing one of those ticket fighter things where they show up in court on your behalf? That's another option I can think of.

Otherwise, the only experience I have with out of site tickets is when my sister was helping me drive from upstate NY to Vegas, and she got pulled over in my car in like.. Iowa.. (for some reason, the speed limit dropped stupid fast like 75 to 45, and she wasn't paying attention to that). I ended up paying the ticket for her because I had more disposable income at the time, but idk what became of any points or whatever. That doesn't really help you though. lol

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You didnt notice your insurance premium go up?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know about your state but I do know that here in California you can do traffic school and basically it masks that point from your record which helps so your insurance doesn't go up.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like @xRiCeBoYx mentioned I would hire a lawyer or someone that can show up on your behalf and fight it for you.

Being in NJ right on the border of NY, it's super common for people to get out of state tickets all the time and go that route. I actually received a speeding ticket 2 summers ago for going 70 in a 50, my lawyer emails me every now and then saying they pushed it back lol. My court date got rescheduled like 4 times now, now my court date is in April 2022.

Their tactic is to just push it back over and over until the cop doesn't show up and until they can run into a "nice" judge, so make sure you hire someone that has a shit ton of reviews and knows all the judges well, he told me for certain tickets he'll wait for specific judges because he knows they'll be much more lenient

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Like @xRiCeBoYx mentioned I would hire a lawyer or someone that can show up on your behalf and fight it for you.

Being in NJ right on the border of NY, it's super common for people to get out of state tickets all the time and go that route. I actually received a speeding ticket 2 summers ago for going 70 in a 50, my lawyer emails me every now and then saying they pushed it back lol. My court date got rescheduled like 4 times now, now my court date is in April 2022.

Their tactic is to just push it back over and over until the cop doesn't show up and until they can run into a "nice" judge, so make sure you hire someone that has a shit ton of reviews and knows all the judges well, he told me for certain tickets he'll wait for specific judges because he knows they'll be much more lenient
i went this route. I hired a lawyer on my behalf. My court date was supposed to be today so I'm waiting for my deposition
Sponsored