Driver Side Window Buzz (Rattle)

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Anyone else come across a buzz or rattle from the driver side window (upper rear area). It is coming most likely from the pillar itself or the window and it's sealing trim. I can get the noise to go away if I just slightly crack the window at the tiniest bit (not allowing air in). I'm going to snag a stethoscope and have the gf drive around while I listen for it but I thought I may ask here first. Thanks!
Sponsored

lgd251

First Name
LG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, very subtle but a tad annoying.
Strangely, it’s intermittent and sometimes I don’t hear it at all for a couple days...

OP
OP
bobafettm

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
EXACTLY! It can go away... Then a random bump brings it right back up. The stethoscope should arrive tomorrow and I'll do some testing to find the location of the rattle.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
There is a gap between the glass and the door frame. If you close door without having the window fully up you'll see the glass rattles.

OP
OP
bobafettm

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks Erbee but I literally never roll down my windows... Although I do believe it could be the window itself rattling still even without putting it down.

I shared this video on the CTR Owners Group... It shows a strange squeak and rattle in the door's plastic cover. Anyone else able to replicate this? I can't on the passenger side and the rear.

OP
OP
bobafettm

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Taking it to the dealer on Friday AM to see what they can do. I feel like it's the window itself rattling more so than the plastic.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Taking it to the dealer on Friday AM to see what they can do. I feel like it's the window itself rattling more so than the plastic.

Told you..... The actual window/glass is banging the plastic . I'm saving up all the rattles and defects so I can get all fixed at once.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Sorry to bump an old thread. Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue on the passenger side.

Azjose86

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I had a buzz noise happening in my passenger side. Sounded like it was around the B pillar/seat belt. Took it twice to Honda and they couldn't figure it out. I finally had enough, and I took trims off myself. Found out it was the part where the seat belt actually rolls into. They had to order the entire part, replaced it and the buzz is gone

kaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black FK8 | 2017 Sonic Grey FK7
Country flag
@bobafettm @ale99llamas

Reviving an extremely old thread - i got the second shipment of CTRs at launch and just got this issue about a month ago. it was initially just drive side but now it has spread to the passenger side as well. Did you every get this resolved?

my regular hatch A-pillar is loose and will get that fixed, but that noise is really apparently of where it is coming from. for my CTR, its a very small rattle near my head

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@bobafettm @ale99llamas

Reviving an extremely old thread - i got the second shipment of CTRs at launch and just got this issue about a month ago. it was initially just drive side but now it has spread to the passenger side as well. Did you every get this resolved?

my regular hatch A-pillar is loose and will get that fixed, but that noise is really apparently of where it is coming from. for my CTR, its a very small rattle near my head

OMG the same.... this also has happened to me... I wager it is just the stiff chassis..... causing added vibrations... but yeah. It is annoying as hell.
Sponsored