DRIVER SIDE MIRROR COVER LOOSENED AND BROKE CLEAN OFF ON HIGHWAY !!!

Purohispano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring 2014 Dodge Dart 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer
Driving along Qew the side mirror cover for my brand new 2016 Honda Civic broke clean off smacked my driver side window and is now lost in the wind and deserted on the highway. BEWARE OF THIS ISSUE; as I will be following up with Honda and see what they can do.

There is no sign of damage beforehand and the wires for the driver side mirror are now all exposed; this could be a manufacturer issue so please if anyone has had a similar experience let me know. Thank you.
Sponsored

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Driving along Qew the side mirror cover for my brand new 2016 Honda Civic broke clean off smacked my driver side window and is now lost in the wind and deserted on the highway. BEWARE OF THIS ISSUE; as I will be following up with Honda and see what they can do.

There is no sign of damage beforehand and the wires for the driver side mirror are now all exposed; this could be a manufacturer issue so please if anyone has had a similar experience let me know. Thank you.
:eek: how many KMs did you have on your car when this happened?

OP
OP
Purohispano

Purohispano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring 2014 Dodge Dart 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer
OP
OP
Purohispano

Purohispano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Purohispano

Purohispano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

>>>>>>

Update on the thread, I'm currently at Honda and they will repair my driver side mirror cover under warranty. There was a bulletin regarding the audio display which will be ordered and replaced as well during service today. Everything will be covered under warranty and with a rental vehicle since the part was not in stock.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you go through a car wash with brushes by any chance?

OP
OP
Purohispano

Purohispano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you go through a car wash with brushes by any chance?
I have gone through car washes before but not recently it's been several months as bad as that sounds; cleaned with a rag and spray can soap most of the time.

Danny Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
>>>>>>

Update on the thread, I'm currently at Honda and they will repair my driver side mirror cover under warranty. There was a bulletin regarding the audio display which will be ordered and replaced as well during service today. Everything will be covered under warranty and with a rental vehicle since the part was not in stock.
Can you give an update on the audio display? What is the issue and bulletin number? Thanks...

OP
OP
Purohispano

Purohispano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No number bud sorry, but the bulletin says; audio display screen flickers and or blacks out I was right beside the service manager when he retrieved the file on his computer. The entire unit was replaced when I did my service at Honda. Everything is under warranty to replace this part but you have to go to Honda and tell them it's happening, they won't send any mail to remind you to come do it.

lapminh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016

My Honda Civic 2016 have same problem.!!!
Sponsored