Driver-side door handle -- weird sound

dita_mae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Having nothing better to do this morning :), I noticed that the driver-side door makes this strange faint metallic clicking sound when pulled on slowly (with the door already opened, so that the opening itself doesn't interfere)

Not really bothering me (yet), but was just curious if anyone else hears something similar on their cars?

TIA
I know this thread is kinda old, but I'm hearing the exact same noise has the OP. Passenger side door (thankfully). I agree with others who said they'd rather live with it than take the handle all apart. My only concern is that the sound may be a sign of a stressed spring of some kind and actually break in the future. For those who have experienced this noise, any structural issues with the handles?

I have to go to the dealer for an unrelated matter and I'm debating even bringing up the door thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
My only concern is that the sound may be a sign of a stressed spring of some kind and actually break in the future. For those who have experienced this noise, any structural issues with the handles?

I have to go to the dealer for an unrelated matter and I'm debating even bringing up the door thing.
FWIW, on June 20 it'll be a year since I got the car, and I've honestly completely forgotten about this issue until I read your post. :) It either went away, or my brain learned to tune it out. So I'd still say it's not worth it to bother fixing it -- unless it's really messing with your OCD...

dita_mae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
FWIW, on June 20 it'll be a year since I got the car, and I've honestly completely forgotten about this issue until I read your post. :) It either went away, or my brain learned to tune it out. So I'd still say it's not worth it to bother fixing it -- unless it's really messing with your OCD...
Good to know. It is not up high enough on my list of OCD troubles to bother. Must learn to tune it out for now. ;)
Sponsored