bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
I also have a "creaking" sound on drivers side when I drive slowly. It's especially loud when backing up out of my garage. Took it to the dealer, they told me they were "unable to replicate the issue." Frustrating.
Does this creaking happen when turning? I.E. difficult to replicate if wheel is not turned
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It happens regardless of wheel orientation.
Your CV Joint lubrication might be running low on lubrication. If I was you I'd ask a tech to sit inside while replicating the issue.

Jawngriever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3 Si
Country flag
Your CV Joint lubrication might be running low on lubrication. If I was you I'd ask a tech to sit inside while replicating the issue.
Strange that it would be low so soon. I just purchased the car this month.

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Strange that it would be low so soon. I just purchased the car this month.
That's why I started this thread. Driveshaft issues popping up regardless of mileage. I know some people who went 75k, while my issues started at 23k, while some are at only 5k. :(

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It happens regardless of wheel orientation.
Actually, it's most likely the top mount and bearing assembly that are creating the issue... it does sound strange that it would be low on lube...

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
15k miles just threw on Swift Spec - Rs. Going very slow into my driveway going from full lock to almost center, I get this wierd binding noise also. I would agree that it may be the CV, but it only happened after I installed the coilovers. really hoping its not the CV so I dont have to go back to stock and take the car to the dealer.

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
15k miles just threw on Swift Spec - Rs. Going very slow into my driveway going from full lock to almost center, I get this wierd binding noise also. I would agree that it may be the CV, but it only happened after I installed the coilovers. really hoping its not the CV so I dont have to go back to stock and take the car to the dealer.
I don't know much about suspension parts and parts regarding to coilers but I've heard of others who have had problems after installing suspension parts and weird clunking/binding/clicking. Maybe it wasn't installed properly?

YattleMe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
Replaced my cv axle but the binding noise while turning lock to lock at a stand still is still present albeit a bit quieter compared to before.

I am on coilovers and lowered though with solid compliance mounts on my lcas

Waleed94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic LX sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know a good rebuilder in Canada? The OEM axles are $420 each and aftermarket are hard to come by. I only found the trakmotive brand

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Did you ever figure out a solution?

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Did you ever figure out a solution?
Hey man sorry for late response. I havent found any solution, I know my CV and everything is solid tho. Still get that minor noise when going into driveways and stuff like I described. However a guy who i talk to has swifts and the same exact issue on his SI sedan. I believe it is a spring binding issue with swifts but i honestly just forgot about it because the car drives solid and ive gotten multiple opinions saying Its normal. Ive put 2500 miles on the car since most being canyon driving really hard on the car. Car is aligned amazingly by @chewerks and has no issues when driving so we are good IMO. Maybe coil-overs in the future to see if that fixes it.

Lurkingg

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
I've got an unidentified noise when I hit bumps that sounds like one of those bad Jeep wrangler CV driveshafts when I'm going like 25 or 30. Could be my CV, just haven't really cared to investigate much further because I reached under and it's not falling out.

arkigod

First Name
Arkigod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018
Country flag
Clunking sound / 'tok' sound while turning right coming from perpendicular parking area. The dealer told me it was the outer CV joint that needs to be replaced.

Ultima_CTR

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 GPW AP2, '19 CW CTR
Country flag
Started noticing clicking sounds during full turns at low speeds in the driver side at around 23k miles. 2019 currently lowered on spoon springs. You think the dealer will replace the axle even though I’m lowered? I’m afraid they may say the bad axle is due to me lowering the car.
Sponsored