bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
I can tell you that being the first to discover an issue that warrants a recall is not a fun place to be. Many years ago I ended up in arbitration because the fuel gauge in my vehicle was clearly broken. About a year after that horrible experience, a recall was issued for my vehicle's fuel gauge but I had long moved on from that nightmare.

The manufacturer collects data and then issues the recall based on all the information they have.
Thanks for the insight, I really appreciate it. I guess I'll change this thread to a data collection thread to help others who are having the same problem!
Sponsored

YattleMe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
You have a bad CV Joint as well, just a different specific issue. Any issue with noise at or near full lock would be the CV Joints and any issue where there is a non-stop sound when at full lock is again a bad CV joint. Most of the time the sound isn't replicable easily, but sometimes you can just turn the wheel full lock and it would be a non-stop clicking noise. My friend with an '11 Camry had the same issue.
Yeah, I'm hoping by getting new cv axle would do me good.

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

j1an51

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
I hear a small clunking sound when turning left and right when parked and also slow speeds on driver side. Can this be cv joint and can I get replaced at dealer under warranty if I have 85000 miles

YattleMe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
I hear a small clunking sound when turning left and right when parked and also slow speeds on driver side. Can this be cv joint and can I get replaced at dealer under warranty if I have 85000 miles
Sounds like a CV problem. If your car is still under the factory warranty then your honda dealer will replace it. Mine is expired so I'm paying for my replacement.

j1an51

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
Sounds like a CV problem. If your car is still under the factory warranty then your honda dealer will replace it. Mine is expired so I'm paying for my replacement.
How much are they charging you

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Relatively cheap, 300 for part and 350 in labor
See if you can get the part for cheaper, it goes for around 150-200 on hondapartsnow

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Thank you for sharing awareness. This probably explains the "clunk" I've heard a handful of times.

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Normally I would but I needed the part fast so I ordered through Honda instead of a drop shipper like hondapartsnow
I understand, that sucks but that's how life is :(

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for sharing awareness. This probably explains the "clunk" I've heard a handful of times.
No problem! Just trying to help and spread awareness. I'm glad I could help

OP
OP
bluebluemike

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What is the part number
Not sure exactly what your car is (tried to match as best I could *2017 EXT KA CVT*) but this should give you an approximate answer. Put in your exact specs into www.hondapartsnow.com and search "driveshaft", that's the cost for the entire assembly so your cost could be cheaper if you don't want to replace the whole thing.
Part #44306-TBC-A51
P
Honda Civic 10th gen Driver Side CV Joints/Driveshaft Issues - Data Collection Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 11.05.24 AM

Jawngriever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3 Si
Country flag
I also have a "creaking" sound on drivers side when I drive slowly. It's especially loud when backing up out of my garage. Took it to the dealer, they told me they were "unable to replicate the issue." Frustrating.
Sponsored