bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Started noticing clicking sounds during full turns at low speeds in the driver side at around 23k miles. 2019 currently lowered on spoon springs. You think the dealer will replace the axle even though I’m lowered? I’m afraid they may say the bad axle is due to me lowering the car.
If I was you I’d put the stock springs back on because there’s a really good chance it’s the CV joint especially since it’s the driver side. I wouldn’t want to take chances on the off chance they’ll say lowering your car somehow affected the driveshaft.
Sponsored

bFarish87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've already had to replace my CV joints twice. Same issue both times, clicking sound when wheel is turned all the way from stop. First time was under warranty at dealership and they charged the warranty company $700. I ordered 2 new CV joints from rock auto at $74/each and my father in law volunteered to help put them on for me. Sucks I've had this issue twice now under 120k miles.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This is the clunk I am hearing at low speeds while turning and reversing too. I was able to recreate it getting under the car. I have it on the passenger side more consistently, but driver side does it as well with more force.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
My fronts are fine, but I only have about 40k miles on the car. Sounds like the rear driver’s side upper strut mount has gone, though. Bad clunking over undulating pavement. Hopefully I can convince them to cover it under warranty, though it isn’t, technically. These usually don’t go until we’ll over the 60k mile mark…

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve had a similar issue in my 21 since almost new (have about 10k miles now)

Initially, it was a loud clicking noise coming from the passenger side while my wheel cranked all the way left. Dealership had my car for a week trying to figure it out and they ended up replacing the steering rack.

That was good until the noise came back, but not in the same way. It would happen randomly at extremely low speed, or when I just start moving. Again, from the passenger side only, and at times you would feel it in the steering wheel. I took it back and they found that my strut bearings were shot and replaced my strut assembly under warranty.

I thought that would be it, but the noise is back again, and in the same way where it will happen randomly. Dealership says they can’t find anything else wrong, and cannot duplicate the noise this time…but I’m going to keep taking it back to them until they figure it out.

Suspension is all stock btw

JS040591

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic Ex sedan
Country flag
Not to revive an old dead thread but will a cv axle cause an annoying wobble? Mine starts to have this weird shimmy wobble to it at 50-55 and I’ve replaced wheels and just got new tires it’s still there only slightly better with the new tires, starting to hate this car.
Sponsored