Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys and gals. I'm asking the owners of '17+ , is your driver seat worn? What I mean is, is that I notice that when I get in and out of the car, I am most likely sliding or rubbing and lower driver's seat area (insert pic) if so how did you guys prevent it from getting worn. I'm your average asian guy (4' 11") just kidding, I'm 5'7" and I want my seats to last.
Honda Civic 10th gen Driver seat worn. Driver_seat[1]
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Unless you make getting in and out of your car a chore every time, you’re going to rub.

The car isn’t going to look like the day you drive it off the lot forever. If you drive it, it’s going to see some wear. I see no noticeable damage to your seat in the picture. It’s not going to burst at the seams.

I wouldnt worry about it

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
You can get seat cover, I think this is the best solution.

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Then you don’t get to see the nice seat.
I Know and I saw a picture of a member who I believe is in PR and got a black half cover but with that after awhile when you take off that cover, your seat will look half faded.

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've seen wraparound covers for the seats for that area.

Question though: what's the endgame for wrapping up the seats in bullshit? So that the next owner can enjoy a pristine car?
I'm not selling this car. I'ts all mine. For some reason I like to holding on to things, like my '89 civic Si with 499,745 miles on it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Driver seat worn. 20200711_112412[1]
Honda Civic 10th gen Driver seat worn. 20200711_112446[1]

Last edited:

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn't you buy the car to drive it? Just enjoy it and don't worry about minor seat wear. Nothing stays new forever.

I don't even see any damage to your seat where you posted the large arrow, I even zoomed in LOL...

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Nah I am withwith the Op on this, it's not about saving it for the next guy it's about wanting it pristine for yourself. Its why why we spend ages detailing our cars ain't it?

When mine started to wear I bought red and black seat covers from dream automotive. Probably still rubs, but out of sight out of mind.

Op, some might be dirt, use interior spray and a bristle nail brush brings it up nice

HiSpdTouring

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR #9202
Country flag
Nah I am withwith the Op on this, it's not about saving it for the next guy it's about wanting it pristine for yourself. Its why why we spend ages detailing our cars ain't it?

When mine started to wear I bought red and black seat covers from dream automotive. Probably still rubs, but out of sight out of mind.

Op, some might be dirt, use interior spray and a bristle nail brush brings it up nice
Exactly, I use Sonax Alcantara cleaner and a bristle nail brush and make it look brand new again. If you get creases in the fabric you can heat the fabric up with a hairdryer and use the bristle brush and it fixes it too.

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
Am I the only one that doesn't see any wear on the seat? The seat is suede, just like everything else made of suede will wear eventually. If you contort your body, move the seat all the way to the rear, and tilt the steering wheel all the way up every time you get in and out it will reduce the wear. But who the hell wants to be that inconvenienced every time they get in or out their car. I know I don't and I drive my car every day. I could see if it was a garage queen/sunday fair weather type of car for someone.

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Didn't you buy the car to drive it? Just enjoy it and don't worry about minor seat wear. Nothing stays new forever.

I don't even see any damage to your seat where you posted the large arrow, I even zoomed in LOL...
No mine is still brand new......2020. I just notice it when I keep getting in and out of the car. I was wondering how the owners since 2017 up to now on how their seat looks. Is it worn out and how bad.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No mine is still brand new......2020. I just notice it when I keep getting in and out of the car. I was wondering how the owners since 2017 up to now on how their seat looks. Is it worn out and how bad.
Oh I see! Well I have a 2017 and the seat isnt like new, but it's holding up quite well. I have 26,000kms on it. I will get a picture for you.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m in a 2018, but I’m approaching 40,000km. Suffice to say, it’s been plenty of in and out with these seats.

I was on a trip to the mountains recently and thought I saw wear on my seats. Instantly felt like a rock in my gut.

Turned out the fabric was just getting a bit dirty. Used some Sonax Alcantara/Suede cleaner when I got home and the seats look brand new again. No discoloration. No fading. No material dulling. No wear.

I get the feeling Honda learned from the JDM red ITR seats from back in the day. Those things were notorious for fading or looking worn over time. The FK8 fabric seems to be of much higher quality overall.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
My driver’s side door arm rest seems to be another story though. It looks faded. I’ve tried using the same Sonax product on it twice now and it never looks any better after drying.

I’m going to keep the current piece in place and see what happens. I’m also going to buy a new OEM piece soon and replace it before I sell... or if it does get really bad. It doesn’t seem too expensive

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m in a 2018, but I’m approaching 40,000km. Suffice to say, it’s been plenty of in and out with these seats.

I was on a trip to the mountains recently and thought I saw wear on my seats. Instantly felt like a rock in my gut.

Turned out the fabric was just getting a bit dirty. Used some Sonax Alcantara/Suede cleaner when I got home and the seats look brand new again. No discoloration. No fading. No material dulling. No wear.

I get the feeling Honda learned from the JDM red ITR seats from back in the day. Those things were notorious for fading or looking worn over time. The FK8 fabric seems to be of much higher quality overall.
Cool. I wear jeans all the time and like I said, I want to keep the car looking good as long as I can.
Sponsored