Drive Train Vibration?

fitforhealth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
A few days back, I was sitting at a stoplight with my foot on the brake and with the vehicle obviously in drive, when I looked over at the passenger seat and noticed the seat back vibrating quite a bit. Out of curiosity, I placed the transmission in neutral then in park and the vibration stopped; it also would stop after turning on the climate control. Also, when driving down the road there is no vibration. Has anyone else experienced or noticed this?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
A few days back, I was sitting at a stoplight with my foot on the brake and with the vehicle obviously in drive, when I looked over at the passenger seat and noticed the seat back vibrating quite a bit. Out of curiosity, I placed the transmission in neutral then in park and the vibration stopped; it also would stop after turning on the climate control. Also, when driving down the road there is no vibration. Has anyone else experienced or noticed this?

Thanks!
Yes. I felt the exact issue. I showed it to honda as well. Its about the idle rpm. When its 600 you feel the vibration. When you turn the headlights or climate control it brings the rpm to 700 and vibration gone. Dealer said its normal.

OP
OP

fitforhealth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Yes. I felt the exact issue. I showed it to honda as well. Its about the idle rpm. When its 600 you feel the vibration. When you turn the headlights or climate control it brings the rpm to 700 and vibration gone. Dealer said its normal.
Ah ok well if it's "normal" haha, then I'll let it be; I mean it's just an annoyance more than anything else. I was going to bring it to the dealer's attention, but sounds like it'd be a waste of time. The strange thing is I've asked a few of my passengers whether they could feel the vibration while they were sitting in the seat, and they said they could not. Thanks for the info.

PaperWingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Civic EX-T
Country flag
I definitely noticed this as well the other day and today. Like you, I found that the vibration goes away when I turn on the climate control or put the car in Park. I was going to bring it to the dealership but maybe I won't if others have already addressed the issue to find out that it's fine. Didn't know about the headlights being a trigger to turn it off as well.
Sponsored