saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
You must be unfamiliar with Chrysler vehicles.
The only thing Chrysler made that was decent was the slant six 1960 to 1987 and the 727 torqueflite transmission and even these two products were debatable at times
Sponsored

OP
OP
JayDiem

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
The only thing Chrysler made that was decent was the slant six 1960 to 1987 and the 727 torqueflite transmission and even these two products were debatable at times
Don't leave out the 440 and 440 Police Interceptor and the 426 Hemi. Even the Neon SRT motor was pretty good. Chrysler makes a lot of shit. So does GM and Ford. Ford 6.0 anyone? And they can't even make a Truck outside of the Raptor that doesn't get the death wobble....OH yea perfectly normal.... but at least they are pretty good in the warranty department.

And GM....LOL Not Happening. EVER. Way too many Horror stories and they fight everything.

All the Truck brands have their strengths and weaknesses but my Rams have treated me pretty well. Nothing bad enough to break the...

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Don't leave out the 440 and 440 Police Interceptor and the 426 Hemi. Even the Neon SRT motor was pretty good. Chrysler makes a lot of shit. So does GM and Ford. Ford 6.0 anyone? And they can't even make a Truck outside of the Raptor that doesn't get the death wobble....OH yea perfectly normal.... but at least they are pretty good in the warranty department.

And GM....LOL Not Happening. EVER. Way too many Horror stories and they fight everything.

All the Truck brands have their strengths and weaknesses but my Rams have treated me pretty well. Nothing bad enough to break the...

Sorry buddy not a Chrysler fan the big block Chrysler V8s were boat anchors the 426 was a exception in a dart base barracuda or challenger it was good every thing else. a small block Chevy was better including some GM big block 427 454
As for Ford the 302 was a work horse including the 351 Windsor the Cleveland was good also plus the 9” rear and c6 auto as for Ford big blocks ? boat anchors as well all in all a Japanese four cylinder is still better than these big US cast iron boat anchor V8s

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
You must be unfamiliar with Chrysler vehicles.
I've had an interior part fall off my 2018 Civic and another part come loose. No such problems, or any others, with my 2018 Charger.

I'm not saying Chrysler products are perfect, but neither are Civics. There are frequent postings on this forum where people complain about rattles & crappy paint.

You may or may not agree with this survey, or any other. People always seem to dis a survey if they don't like the results. Take it for what it's worth, Ram is tied for third place.
https://driving.ca/dodge/features/f...oser-look-at-j-d-powers-initial-quality-study

OP
OP
JayDiem

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm loving these photos, JayDiem. That red Ram on the second photo looks awesome, especially with the choice of wheels. They somehow remind me of the black fuel vapor wheels I bought from a while back.
Thanks, man I agree it is a pretty sharp looking truck and those wheels are the factory upgrade 20s. I guess great minds think alike because that's the set of wheels I have on the red truck behind the burgandy one, haha. Good choice ;)

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
You spelled Fiat wrong.
It seems some Civic owners like to pick on other makes, but it's been a long time since I've seen Honda at the top of any automotive reliability list.

Honda has extended the warranty on my AC condenser to 10 years and the engine to 6 years due to the oil dilution problem. I've owned many cars over many years & this is the first time I've had one where the manufacturer had to extend the warranty on any of the components.

What happens after 6 years? If someone has an oil dilution problem it's not going to go away after 6 years. I've read the articles where some people say oil dilution is just what happens when direct injection is used. Yet my friend has two GM vehicles with direct injection, a V6 and a 4 cyl, and neither has an oil dilution problem. From my perspective it seems that Honda has done some poor engineering & now consumers have to live with it.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
It seems some Civic owners like to pick on other makes, but it's been a long time since I've seen Honda at the top of any automotive reliability list.

Honda has extended the warranty on my AC condenser to 10 years and the engine to 6 years due to the oil dilution problem. I've owned many cars over many years & this is the first time I've had one where the manufacturer had to extend the warranty on any of the components.

What happens after 6 years? If someone has an oil dilution problem it's not going to go away after 6 years. I've read the articles where some people say oil dilution is just what happens when direct injection is used. Yet my friend has two GM vehicles with direct injection, a V6 and a 4 cyl, and neither has an oil dilution problem. From my perspective it seems that Honda has done some poor engineering & now consumers have to live with it.
Bold of you to compare the reliability of your $22k econobox to the reliablity of $40-80k Chrysler/Fiat cars. At a certain pricepoint, reliability should be built in.

That said, other than a fuel pump recall on my Type R, I've had 13k hassle free miles in two plus years.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Bold of you to compare the reliability of your $22k econobox to the reliablity of $40-80k Chrysler/Fiat cars. At a certain pricepoint, reliability should be built in.

That said, other than a fuel pump recall on my Type R, I've had 13k hassle free miles in two plus years.
I didn't open the door regarding the quality of Chrysler products.

It shouldn't matter if I had a stripped down entry level Civic or a loaded Touring model, quality should be the same. Adding leather seats, upgraded radio & other options should not affect the quality.

My econobox cost closer to $27K. The MSRP on a Charger SXT is $29, 995. Your Type R is priced quite a bit higher. It's even more than a Charger RT.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have always stayed clear of chryslers after I personally worked on a relatives chrysler van transmission, seen issues with a magnum of one my friends and overall have seen many transmissions go bad on cherokees....buuuuut, I've owned my wrangler since new for over 4 years without issues so I would actually consider dodge trucks. However, I would still probably look at chevy and ford's first and would probably never own a dodge car. But again, I feel the quality of my wrangler and especially the paint is far superior to my Type R's paint.

I remember working on american cars 20 years ago as a stereo and alarms installer and crap on them would break soooo easy.

Good luck with your hunt OP. I think if you find one you will have a blast driving it.

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
I am not as old as you but I remember when a $400,000 house in boulder didnt cost $2,000,000+. Times change, money is just numbers on a computer screen. In my mind trading money for good experiences is not even close to the worst investment you could make.
i appreciate the youthful exhiberance, and yolo and all that jazz... Spending THOUSANDS of dollars for the experience of driving a fast truck is crazy, go rent a Lamborghini or Ferrari for an experience.
spend your money where it counts, on your wealth building plan. Buying expensive toys is a wealth wrecking plan

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have always stayed clear of chryslers after I personally worked on a relatives chrysler van transmission, seen issues with a magnum of one my friends and overall have seen many transmissions go bad on cherokees....buuuuut, I've owned my wrangler since new for over 4 years without issues so I would actually consider dodge trucks. However, I would still probably look at chevy and ford's first and would probably never own a dodge car. But again, I feel the quality of my wrangler and especially the paint is far superior to my Type R's paint.

I remember working on american cars 20 years ago as a stereo and alarms installer and crap on them would break soooo easy.

Good luck with your hunt OP. I think if you find one you will have a blast driving it.
I'm usually a GM person. I'm not saying Chrysler products are the best, but they are improving according to Consumer Reports & JD Powers surveys. Hondas have not been at the top of any quality list for several years.. I have one of each & like them both for different reasons. Just wish the Civic wasn't on the short list for potential AC problems. And the paint does seem a bit fragile.

OP
OP
JayDiem

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i appreciate the youthful exhiberance, and yolo and all that jazz... Spending THOUSANDS of dollars for the experience of driving a fast truck is crazy, go rent a Lamborghini or Ferrari for an experience.
spend your money where it counts, on your wealth building plan. Buying expensive toys is a wealth wrecking plan
Meh....I find that when I commit to something like I did with my Type R, which was a great purchase, it gives me extra motivation to continue to kick ass. And it's not like I dont need a truck....

Made 2 g's today and a solid new business connection. I am a boss, outwork everyone I associate with and am the best at what I do. If I want a TRX I'm not worried about it. But thanks for the unsolicited advice.
Sponsored