First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's an odd one, but you may find that you need to drain your washer fluid. In my case, it was to get rid of the cheap blue water the dealer topped it with when I got an oil change before it froze the first time the temperature dips around here.

Washer fluid isn't the most toxic fluid in your car, but it's still not great for the environment, so just spraying the stuff onto the windshield until its gone isn't the smartest idea.

If you need to drain your washer fluid, here's how:

1) Find where the washer line tubing passes through this white clamp on the right side of the car, near the hood hinge.
2) Pull it out of the clamp.
3) Locate the small 90 degree elbow fitting, seen in the second picture, immediately behind this clamp.
4) Gently pull one side of the tube off this fitting.
5) Aim the tank-side of the tubing into a proper container. I used an old jug of washer fluid I had sitting around from before I discovered the good stuff.
6) Run the washer until all the fluid is gone. Protip: put some water on your windshield first as the wipers will be running. This is easier with a helper to pull the switch, but a bit of duct-tape will work fine.
7) Reconnect the hose and put it back in the clamp
8) Refill the tank with good quality cleaner

Honda Civic 10th gen Drain your Washer Fluid IMG_0015.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Drain your Washer Fluid IMG_0016.JPG