nemesis249mp

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CTR, Kia Optima GDS Turbo
Country flag
I realize there’s a wheel and tire section but I haven’t received an answer there and more people will see this here.

To those that have 1/4 miles their car, what tires are using?

Could Nitto 555R’s 285/35 fit on 18x9.5 57CR’s on a non lowered Type R without issue?
Sponsored

Jonno426

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
I wish someone would have responded to this one... I'm also looking at Mickey Thompson E/T Streets in 275/45/18...

It would be a bit taller but a little narrower than the ones you're looking at.

Anyone run drag radials on the Type R?

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I realize there’s a wheel and tire section but I haven’t received an answer there and more people will see this here.

To those that have 1/4 miles their car, what tires are using?

Could Nitto 555R’s 285/35 fit on 18x9.5 57CR’s on a non lowered Type R without issue?
I wish someone would have responded to this one... I'm also looking at Mickey Thompson E/T Streets in 275/45/18...

It would be a bit taller but a little narrower than the ones you're looking at.

Anyone run drag radials on the Type R?
I'll try to help you out here cause I love drag racing and will be doing that in the type r lol I have enkei kojin 18x9.5 wheels with 275/35r18 Yokohama advan a/s ( not drag tires but 50k mile no questions asked warranty was hard to pass up). With my wheels they stick out of the body line just alittle bit, I don't rub and I don't hit the body on bumps. With the 285, you may have a very slight rub on a full turn, and with the 45 you may have some body contact on bumps. If you plan on driving around with these, you may run into those problems, so do so at your own risk. I could be wrong about both issues though and you could be fine, just my two cents over it. I do suggest, settling with the 275/35 to be safe and eliminate risks. Also I high recommend the 27Won rear motor mount to help control the wheel hop, and test launches around 2000-3000 rpm, as our non-moving rev limiter is not an actual launch control or guide feature. I also recommend going with the MT E/T SS or R rather than nitto 555R. I've tested both tires on my older drag car and the MT out performed the Nittos. I've been doing drag racing for a long long time, if you have any other questions, let me know, and please forgive if I come off as you two don't know about drag racing, you may or may not have the same knowledge, less knowledge or even more knowledge than me haha :thumbsup: :beer:

Jonno426

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the responses on this. There weren't really any other wider tires than 245 in 18's that weren't 275 or wider and 45 bias or taller, so I e-mailed Hoosier directly to ask them if they would consider expanding the sizes they offered. They said they are looking into it and should have expanded tire sizes in their DR2 drag radial in Spring of 2020.

Akuto, I think the other major drawback for dragging the R right now is the lack of an easy/marketable solution to the High Pressure Fuel Pump issue the R has at around 400 ft-lbs of torque.. I hope someone comes out with a solution soon that isn't a $5k motec ECU with port injection :-/

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the responses on this. There weren't really any other wider tires than 245 in 18's that weren't 275 or wider and 45 bias or taller, so I e-mailed Hoosier directly to ask them if they would consider expanding the sizes they offered. They said they are looking into it and should have expanded tire sizes in their DR2 drag radial in Spring of 2020.

Akuto, I think the other major drawback for dragging the R right now is the lack of an easy/marketable solution to the High Pressure Fuel Pump issue the R has at around 400 ft-lbs of torque.. I hope someone comes out with a solution soon that isn't a $5k motec ECU with port injection :-/
Yeah, since wide is somewhat hard to come by for us, I just went with a decently tall tire, still grabs pretty good so far, significantly less wheel hop with it. Have the 27Won RMM on its way to help. Also that'd be nice of Hoosier for ranging out tire sizes, I love some DR2s with some "gorilla nut" :rofl:, and I may have a solution towards getting faster without actually getting more horsepower...

Jonno426

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Yeah, since wide is somewhat hard to come by for us, I just went with a decently tall tire, still grabs pretty good so far, significantly less wheel hop with it. Have the 27Won RMM on its way to help. Also that'd be nice of Hoosier for ranging out tire sizes, I love some DR2s with some "gorilla nut" :rofl:, and I may have a solution towards getting faster without actually getting more horsepower...
You'll have to let us know what you come up with! I imagine it will be on your Drag Build Thread. If you're going to make the first AWD civic Type-R that's a little too invasive for me :confused1:

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll have to let us know what you come up with! I imagine it will be on your Drag Build Thread. If you're going to make the first AWD civic Type-R that's a little too invasive for me :confused1:
No AWD for this car lol i want to prove to others that even the FWD can drag your ass to hell :spaz::rofl: but yes i will be putting all my info and mods and other things on the drag build thread :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx