First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok so I'm starting a drag build thread for my CTR. Going to be posting the parts and reviews of the parts and give a chance for other drag racers to comment their ideas and or see what i'm doing and or others are doing.
My first mod for racing was smaller wider wheels with fatter taller tires. they are enkei kojin 18x9.5 with 275/35r18 tires, the tires I have now aren't really form drag, will get the job done for the power range i'm in at the moment, they are yokohama advan a/s. I have the front and rear fake vents replaced with top1 motors v2 vents, they did help with cooling just a tad and the rear helped with top end stability just enough to feel it. I also got the 27Won weighted shift knob which did improve shifting a tad by making it cleaner. Also just ordered the 27Won rear motor mount to help with the wheel hop at launching. The larger tires did help alot but still has a tad of wheel hop in 1rst gear, rather than having wheel hop in 1rst and 2nd gear. I'll be going to the drag strip soon, if i have time to go, I'll try to post videos but I will for sure post the time slips.

Honda Civic 10th gen Drag Build Thread wheels
Sponsored

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is an up coming drag event this Saturday that I will make and record data on my runs, the data will include:
- Full time slips
- Atmospheric Temps and humidity levels
- Track Temp (if I can get those for the track)
- Different Launch Techniques and their individual results
- Tire pressure per run
- Time between each run (to monitor heating / cooling effect into play)
- Different Tire Warm-up Times

For future, I'll get the engine temps and IATs, before and after,and a few other things yall would like to see. As of right now, I don't have Hondata, so I don't think I can get those values on stock system, if you know how let me know

My mod list for future will be something like this, please take note that this build will be slow since I don't have the all the money to throw at it quickly, :
-27Won Rear Motor Mount (ordered and should be in Thursday night, will try to install friday)
-Solid Motor Mounts, don't know which ones yet, Hasport makes some but you have to buy the rmm with it and I don't like that since 27Won has been proven to be the best rmm on market as of today
-Carbon Varis hood, gold wrapping inside of hood to protect from turbine heat
-Carbon fenders, doors, mid spoiler, wide mouth grill and possibly the roof.
-Remove floor and trunk mats (only when racing)
-Voltex spoiler, reason why for the spoiler is because is is completely adjustable and 4 bolts hold the wing to the towers, I can test a flat position and test with wing removed (spoiler towers still in place though) I like the look even though it goes against my drag setup lol
-OEM Small Mount Wing shown in spy shots of up coming type r, if I can, (THIS WILL BE THE MOST LIKELY OF THE SPOILER OPTION RATHER THAN VOLTEX)
-PRL High Volume Intake, gold wrapping the engine side of the box, for lower IATs
-PRL Intercooler with up coming PRL Charge Piping, will wrap center metal on it with cold side metal wrapped with gold reflective
-Radium PCV and CCV, for longevity of the motor since we are DI
-Radium Expansion Tank, better heat transfer, cooling system on inside, gold wrapping engine side
-PTP Turbo Blanket
-PTP Overpipe Intake Blanket
-PRL Overpipe with Turbo Inlet, when released
-Custom Intake Bumper Cutout, for better intake flow
-27Won exhuast, when it comes out and may see about having an electric cutout for racing
-Hondata, shows to have the most controls over other tuning options, Ktune has given up on CTRs, and Moetech I know very little about.
-4Piston Racing Forged Pistons, I-Beam Rods, and Crankshaft (if i can get my hands on one from them)
-4Piston Racing Ported Heads
-Oil Cooler, don't know which company yet, either HKS, Siri, or custom one using B&M
-Turbo Kit, when they become available and have been tested thoroughly and are proven over OEM
-Larger Injectors, when they come out and if they are needed
-Intake manifold, when they come out or get custom one made
- 17x10 wheel with MT Street R tires, if I can fit that size wheel without removing the brembos, If not then 18x10 sized wheel
-18x5 wheels with "rear guide" tires
-Roll Cage and Harness Setup, when needed
-TansCooler, B&M custom or from market
-Upgraded Clutch, when needed
-Larger Radiator with larger fans running distilled water and water wetter additive or non-freezable high performance coolant
-Stronger Axles, need to research if they have some on the market yet

Last edited:

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
I would think the last thing you'd want to do for drag racing is to open up the fake vents in the front. All you'd be accomplishing is drag and there is nothing behind them to cool. Best case would be to replace them with a flat panel with no fake honeycombs (like stock).

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would think the last thing you'd want to do for drag racing is to open up the fake vents in the front. All you'd be accomplishing is drag and there is nothing behind them to cool. Best case would be to replace them with a flat panel with no fake honeycombs (like stock).
Agreed but the transcooler and oilcooler will be going behind them, as of now, I'll be taping them closed, reason why I got them early on was because of the searing heat here in southeast texas, It did decrease temps just a tad while driving

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
-Intake manifold, when they come out or get custom one made
They do make a custom intake manifold for our cars but it’s pricey as fuck, also might want to add aftermarket axles to that list since you’re doing drag racing.
Honda Civic 10th gen Drag Build Thread C3036F19-855E-4DBF-97E4-A40F3BDC523B

Honda Civic 10th gen Drag Build Thread F97D313A-ECA5-4F96-8286-D1A36205ABC4

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They do make a custom intake manifold for our cars but it’s pricey as fuck, also might want to add aftermarket axles to that list since you’re doing drag racing.
C3036F19-855E-4DBF-97E4-A40F3BDC523B.jpeg

F97D313A-ECA5-4F96-8286-D1A36205ABC4.jpeg
Thanks for the info! and yeah good Gods that price, and yeah I knew I was forgeting something on that list :banghead: I'll update it

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed but the transcooler and oilcooler will be going behind them, as of now, I'll be taping them closed, reason why I got them early on was because of the searing heat here in southeast texas, It did decrease temps just a tad while driving
Is a trans and oil cooler really necessary for pass somewhere in the low teens? I can see for endurance racing for pounding around a road course for an hour, but for a few seconds, seems to me you'd just be adding weight and slowing yourself down.

Edit: OP, I'm not trying to give you a hard time or crap on your post. I'm just making conversation. It's hard to have my intent come across in text.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is a trans and oil cooler really necessary for pass somewhere in the low teens? I can see for endurance racing for pounding around a road course for an hour, but for a few seconds, seems to me you'd just be adding weight and slowing yourself down.
Its mostly for heat due to driving in Texas summer heat tbh but it will help the tranny in the long run, major heat even for a few seconds can do some damage to tranny, I learned this the hard way in several other drags cars I've built

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its mostly for heat due to driving in Texas summer heat tbh but it will help the tranny in the long run, major heat even for a few seconds can do some damage to tranny, I learned this the hard way in several other drags cars I've built
Gotcha. So not all the mods are strictly for going drag racing. That's why I asked. Now I get it!

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Looks killer. What wheel offset? Any poke or is it flush?

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotcha. So not all the mods are strictly for going drag racing. That's why I asked. Now I get it!
It still will be my daily :D so yes some mods are for longevity, I just decided to include them into the build since the extra weight and temps differes and all other things will make differences even if slight lol

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks killer. What wheel offset? Any poke or is it flush?
They poke just enough to make it look really good IMO lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Drag Build Thread front poke
Honda Civic 10th gen Drag Build Thread front side
Honda Civic 10th gen Drag Build Thread rear poke
Honda Civic 10th gen Drag Build Thread rear side

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Edit: OP, I'm not trying to give you a hard time or crap on your post. I'm just making conversation. It's hard to have my intent come across in text.
Don't worry about it lol I figured you weren't doing any ill mannerisms lol Besides this is like R&D, questions over things are highly welcome and even friendly debates over parts and ideas are greatly welcome too :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Come to think of it, I'm wanting to take off the large spoiler and replace it with the mugen tailgate spoiler and have the GAS carbon ducktail for the mid spoiler, if not that combo then I'll wait to see if honda releases the smaller type r spoiler seen in the spy shots. I do love the big wing but it wont help me down the strip at all :dunno: