mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is there any way you could've blended that better?
not so much for what I was dealing with. the problem is that dr colorchip is designed to fill crevices, and the rest gets dissolved away.

whereas in my case the plastic underneath was protruding up, so every time i’d try to wipe the dissolving agent across it, it would just expose the plastic again.

that being said, this stuff works wonders for rock chips, i even used it to seal a rusty chip in the frame. just keep in mind you’ll need to wipe the dissolving agent across the application spot a few times
Sponsored

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Touch up paint isn't the go to solution. I look at paint touch up on rock chips as a way to prevent oxidation and further chipping. If you want it to look as close to what it originally did you'll need to get a respray.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Touch up paint isn't the go to solution. I look at paint touch up on rock chips as a way to prevent oxidation and further chipping. If you want it to look as close to what it originally did you'll need to get a respray.
true but with how shitty the paint is on these cars resprays aren’t worth it imo. for my little quarter sized chip they wanted to sand down that whole part of the bumper and repaint, coming in at a cool $200-300. i said no thanks and grabbed some DCC for like $30
Sponsored