First Name
Kamil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Country flag
Hello,

first of all sorry for posting issues regarding Honda CR-V at Civic forum but it's really hard to find any kind of community for Honda CR-V ;) and maybe someone has some knowledge in this matter..

What I want todo is to read DPF Temp, Regeneration, Catalyst temp or EGT status from OBD.
I have already tried several custom PID for Torque based on findings from this forum but it looks like PID is different..

Anyone has knowledge in this area or hints how this kind of information can be found via OBD interface ?
Sponsored

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
other than a garage quality scan tool(10k$+ with program updates) to access all your data, if you do have a DPF temp sensor, I don't think there are tuners for the diesel engine in the CR-V that I know of. If there is, then I would suggest calling the company to see if their tuning platform can read what you're looking for.

CameronGraham

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
golf 6
Country flag
I think it would be easier and more logical to go to the service center of your car. If that doesn't help, then look for help among the top representatives.

Anielytra

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Country flag
I'm fairly new here too, but I've learned a lot from the community so far. As for your question, I don't have any personal experience with Honda CR-Vs, but I did some digging and found that there are some custom PIDs available for Torque that should work for reading DPF temp, regeneration, catalyst temp, and EGT status from OBD. Have you tried contacting a Honda dealership or a mechanic who specializes in Honda vehicles? And if all else fails, ford dpf cleaning services might be able to give you some advice, since they deal with diesel particulate filters. One thing to consider is that different cars and even different models within the same brand can have different PIDs.

Last edited:

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Hello,

first of all sorry for posting issues regarding Honda CR-V at Civic forum but it's really hard to find any kind of community for Honda CR-V ;) and maybe someone has some knowledge in this matter..

What I want todo is to read DPF Temp, Regeneration, Catalyst temp or EGT status from OBD.
I have already tried several custom PID for Torque based on findings from this forum but it looks like PID is different..

Anyone has knowledge in this area or hints how this kind of information can be found via OBD interface ?
try on here
Honda CR-V Owners Club ForumsHonda CR-V Owners Club Forumshttps://www.crvownersclub.com
or
CR-V ForumHondaForum.comhttps://hondaforum.com › Home › Honda Automobiles

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Dpf are only for diesel equipped vehicles from like 07-08 and up. And there is no factory exhaust gas temp sensor on any factory Hondas that I know of at least in the US. We don’t get diesel power plants from Honda here. To see exhaust temp pre and post cat, you would normally have to add these sensors and gauges to read these figures If you want to set up safety parameters based off these sensors you’ll need a standalone and the modules for them to work with the standalone.
Sponsored