First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Hey everyone

I just got my ctr installed with Invidia q300, it sounds sweet but a bit on the quiet side.
Does anyone know if I upgrade my downpipe, will the sound be more aggressive? if so, any suggestions?

Many Thanks
Sponsored

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
when i want to go loud i just put it in Type R mode on my 2020, comfort is nice and quiet

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Hey everyone

I just got my ctr installed with Invidia q300, it sounds sweet but a bit on the quiet side.
Does anyone know if I upgrade my downpipe, will the sound be more aggressive? if so, any suggestions?

Many Thanks
Mind posting some video with the Q300? Not a whole lot of sound clips on that exhaust. Any drone with it?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
when i want to go loud i just put it in Type R mode on my 2020, comfort is nice and quiet
...i'm guessing this is that new active sound system? cause changing drive mode definitely won't change the actual exhaust note

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...i'm guessing this is that new active sound system? cause changing drive mode definitely won't change the actual exhaust note
Has to be. I think the fake engine noise sounds a bit rubbish IMO but eh.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't have an R so I can't give any recommendations but downpipe on any car will definitely increase the sound a bit. If you want a more aggressive loud sound with some pops definitely go the catless route, if you want to avoid the pops then go catted.

OP
OP
hang729

hang729

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Don't have an R so I can't give any recommendations but downpipe on any car will definitely increase the sound a bit. If you want a more aggressive loud sound with some pops definitely go the catless route, if you want to avoid the pops then go catted.
Does it have to be tuned or just installing the downpipe will already enhance the sound?
and I would assume wont affect mpg right?

OP
OP
hang729

hang729

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I had the R400 on my SI and when I added a catless downpipe it became significantly louder, so I would think that would carry over to the q300 as well.
thank you! would you mind telling me which brand you used for the dp for reference?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it have to be tuned or just installing the downpipe will already enhance the sound?
and I would assume wont affect mpg right?
I'm running a catless DP without a tune right now, most people generally run a tune to get rid of the CEL but it's not bad for your car if you don't mind the light. Installing the DP will increase sound by itself.

As for MPG no it won't affect it but your foot will probably get heavier after installing it, since turbo is going to spool faster you will use more gas when you floor it or whenever your turbo spools.

Also if installing the DP yourself make sure you use correct hardware and tighten everything correctly, when I installed my DP on my stock exhaust I used shitty hardware bc no oem bolts which resulted in an exhaust leak so my gas was draining exponentially quick. Installed a type r exhaust last week and fixed it lol don't pull a me

OP
OP
hang729

hang729

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I used 1320 performance because I bought it from here, it was good quality but I could not ever find it on their site for sale, only eBay, so looking back I'd have likely gone a different company.
Since I was
I'm running a catless DP without a tune right now, most people generally run a tune to get rid of the CEL but it's not bad for your car if you don't mind the light. Installing the DP will increase sound by itself.

As for MPG no it won't affect it but your foot will probably get heavier after installing it, since turbo is going to spool faster you will use more gas when you floor it or whenever your turbo spools.

Also if installing the DP yourself make sure you use correct hardware and tighten everything correctly, when I installed my DP on my stock exhaust I used shitty hardware bc no oem bolts which resulted in an exhaust leak so my gas was draining exponentially quick. Installed a type r exhaust last week and fixed it lol don't pull a me
Very good points.
No, I would have the shop done to avoid any accidents =p

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do people want loud?1 Here I am trying to make mine quiet lol... Yes switching out your DP especially if you go cat less will make it significantly louder.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do people want loud?1 Here I am trying to make mine quiet lol... Yes switching out your DP especially if you go cat less will make it significantly louder.
Some people just like louder haha. Here at car meets in the states I swear everyone just wants to go straight pipe with a 2 step tune shooting flames lol.

For me I just want a tad bit louder but not obnoxiously loud which is why I oped for the type R exhaust with a res delete

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some people just like louder haha. Here at car meets in the states I swear everyone just wants to go straight pipe with a 2 step tune shooting flames lol.

For me I just want a tad bit louder but not obnoxiously loud which is why I oped for the type R exhaust with a res delete
Unreal eh! Yes same here I like a little louder then stock but nothing to obnoxious, it's my daily lol. Unfortunately I don;t even have a stock CTR exhaust mine came with a Thermal R&D, switching it up soon!
Sponsored