Juelz

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fk8
Country flag
Ok i need to know if a downpipe , (Not Catted). will require a tune to avoid any error code's on dash? What other effects can it have? Many mixed review's out there...
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Assume you will get a CEL with a catless DP. Spacers/defoulers can work but it's not 100% guaranteed. Only way to turn it off if by using a tune.

Also if you're not tuned I'd highly suggest doing that first if you're looking for performance. Way better value per dollar.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Assume you will get a CEL with a catless DP. Spacers/defoulers can work but it's not 100% guaranteed. Only way to turn it off if by using a tune.

Also if you're not tuned I'd highly suggest doing that first if you're looking for performance. Way better value per dollar.
Based on my experience with P2R downpipe and their defouler with the smallest insert I got no Cel.

toyrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 HR-V, 1995 Toyota Supra TT, 94 K_Del Sol, 94 K20 Turbo EG, 2000 Honda Insight
Country flag
IMO, to avoid any issues with future upgrades such as check engine lights/CEL codes popping up, Kpro should be your first upgrade. Kpro alone will give you a significant increase in power. Everything else is icing on the cake ;-)

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
IMO, to avoid any issues with future upgrades such as check engine lights/CEL codes popping up, Kpro should be your first upgrade. Kpro alone will give you a significant increase in power. Everything else is icing on the cake ;-)
It is flashpro for the fk8 platform and yes the power difference is significant. More significant than a downpipe and a intake alone.