Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I did read something if I get the combo with Prl down and front pipe. That it might rattle or something ? Correct me if I’m wrong

How do you like the rv6? What does the ceramic coating do? Is it worth it? Does your down pipe throw off cel? But since all the down pipe are 3in there really is no difference between them right? Btw do you know if the aFe retains the factory heat shield?
We made a revision and offered to fix any issues that customers may have experienced after the first dozen or so downpipe/front pipes shipped. Our original design needed tweaked a bit for optimal fitment. We have had no issues, aside from a handful of customers that had our combo installed improperly since the first batch. There are now hundreds of these combos out there.

Have either of you actually seen the threads? They are almost all saying the 02 bung is put on in a horrible position where you have to have an angled defouler to install it, and even then it's basically sitting against the front of the motor. The front pipe didn't fit on the stock exhaust the way it should on another guy's, because it was an inch too short. No other DP or FP has either of these issues. They all seem to fit right without any fitment issues when people have installed them. You get what you pay for is perfectly worded for PLM's products.
Not trying to bash another company, but you really get what you pay for. PLM's design features o2 sensor placement that is identical to our prototype's placement, which created fitment issues which is the reason our production pieces are different. There are also other fitment issues that were discussed above.

Cheap/Chinese exhaust pieces will always have a place in the market, especially for Hondas. However, it is important to keep in mind the fact the 1.5L is turbocharged and creates MUCH more heat than a naturally aspirated application, like older Hondas. These cheap pieces are not back-purged, feature thin wall metal, inferior flex-sections, are often poortly fit, MIG welded and finished with a quick fusion TIG weld for aesthetics. All of these are just begging for longevity issues. To each their own.

Also, there is no midrange power lost with the 3" front pipe.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We made a revision and offered to fix any issues that customers may have experienced after the first dozen or so downpipe/front pipes shipped. Our original design needed tweaked a bit for optimal fitment. We have had no issues, aside from a handful of customers that had our combo installed improperly since the first batch. There are now hundreds of these combos out there.

Not trying to bash another company, but you really get what you pay for. PLM's design features o2 sensor placement that is identical to our prototype's placement, which created fitment issues which is the reason our production pieces are different. There are also other fitment issues that were discussed above.

Cheap/Chinese exhaust pieces will always have a place in the market, especially for Hondas. However, it is important to keep in mind the fact the 1.5L is turbocharged and creates MUCH more heat than a naturally aspirated application, like older Hondas. These cheap pieces are not back-purged, feature thin wall metal, inferior flex-sections, are often poortly fit, MIG welded and finished with a quick fusion TIG weld for aesthetics. All of these are just begging for longevity issues. To each their own.

Also, there is no midrange power lost with the 3" front pipe.
What's your take on RV6? lol

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Oh, thats good to know @PRL Motorsports . but i been reading threads about your catted downpipe, that even though its catted it will still throws out cel? Correct me if im wrong. (hoping that i am) Cause i'm leaning towards your catted downpipe right now if it doesnt. Looking to purchase by tomorrow or monday :D

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, thats good to know @PRL Motorsports . but i been reading threads about your catted downpipe, that even though its catted it will still throws out cel? Correct me if im wrong. (hoping that i am) Cause i'm leaning towards your catted downpipe right now if it doesnt. Looking to purchase by tomorrow or monday :D

Same here, I am looking for a catted that will not thorw a CEL.

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
It sounds a lot better than stock. I will try and upload sometime this week.
Nice!! Can’t wait :D how long did it take you to install it? Seems like the only catted down pipe that doesn’t throw cel out might be aFe huh? :/ wonder why there downpipe is so expensive though.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
What's your take on RV6? lol
RV6 is a standup, reputable company that makes solid products! :headbang:

Same here, I am looking for a catted that will not thorw a CEL.
We do not guarantee that a CEL will not be thrown. The vast majority of our customers have not experienced a CEL. However, our shop car DID throw a CEL during testing, and 2 or 3 customers informed us that their cars threw CELs as well.. We believe this may be due to the fact PA, CA and a few other states are high-emission states and that the cars are possibly more sensitive than others. With that being said, we cannot guarantee no CEL. :( Our brand isn't alone, there are a few threads and Facebook posts of customers asking about CELs from other brands as well.

blacklion703

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX, 2017 CR-V EX
Country flag
Nice!! Can’t wait :D how long did it take you to install it? Seems like the only catted down pipe that doesn’t throw cel out might be aFe huh? :/ wonder why there downpipe is so expensive though.
It took about 40 minutes. I had access to a lift. Hardest part was getting the old bolts off.

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
It took about 40 minutes. I had access to a lift. Hardest part was getting the old bolts off.
Damn haha. Wish you were closer to me so I’d pay you to install mine haha