Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I wouldn’t bolt on a front pipe and downpipe without getting a tune regardless, do not sure why that tid bit is in there, with a tune you’ll make more power with the Prl pipes vs the afe. The whole point of bolt ons is to get a tune afterwards so the car running at its maximum efficiency. If not your afr’s will be all wacked out, then damage your motor like others already have.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have read a lot of issues so far with the PLM pipes. Look for the threads.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Such as? If you buy the combo there are no issues. As for just the front pipe, you would need to move the exhaust back an inch lol.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All the issues I have seen have been installer errors nothing to do with the product itself. I personally will hold out a while before getting a downpipe and let the market saturate with more options and more information on what works best. Also waiting allows for other clutch manufactures to jump onto the platform, ACT, Exedy, and the like. We all know with 'Stage 2" the stock clutch is worthless. That's just me though.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Such as? If you buy the combo there are no issues. As for just the front pipe, you would need to move the exhaust back an inch lol.
Have either of you actually seen the threads? They are almost all saying the 02 bung is put on in a horrible position where you have to have an angled defouler to install it, and even then it's basically sitting against the front of the motor. The front pipe didn't fit on the stock exhaust the way it should on another guy's, because it was an inch too short. No other DP or FP has either of these issues. They all seem to fit right without any fitment issues when people have installed them. You get what you pay for is perfectly worded for PLM's products.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have either of you actually seen the threads? They are almost all saying the 02 bung is put on in a horrible position where you have to have an angled defouler to install it, and even then it's basically sitting against the front of the motor. The front pipe didn't fit on the stock exhaust the way it should on another guy's, because it was an inch too short. No other DP or FP has either of these issues. They all seem to fit right without any fitment issues when people have installed them. You get what you pay for is perfectly worded for PLM's products.
feel free to link them.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a main one right here. https://www.civicx.com/threads/priv...-downpipe-combo-2016.19987/page-8#post-340357

For sale thread on FP fitment issue from liltoto above. Yeah you shouldn't have had to move the exhaust at all if the parts were made correctly. https://www.civicx.com/threads/fs-plm-3-front-pipe.20118/#post-338491

Here's a post of a video where you can see how close the O2 bung is to the master cylinder and trans housing. https://www.civicx.com/threads/priv...-downpipe-combo-2016.19987/page-2#post-336574

Last edited:

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a main one right here. https://www.civicx.com/threads/priv...-downpipe-combo-2016.19987/page-8#post-340357

For sale thread on FP fitment issue from liltoto above. Yeah you shouldn't have had to move the exhaust at all if the parts were made correctly. https://www.civicx.com/threads/fs-plm-3-front-pipe.20118/#post-338491
Well to be honest no one usually just buys the front pipe without the downpipe lol. It's a combo for a reason. Just like for the PRL brand no one buys just one piece of the pie.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

Here's a post of a video where you can see how close the O2 bung is to the master cylinder and trans housing. https://www.civicx.com/threads/priv...-downpipe-combo-2016.19987/page-2#post-336574
From the looks of that PLM's Down pipe and front pipe can only be used together due to the down pipe being about 1" longer and the from pipe being shorter to compensate as well with not being able to used OEM or any mix and match of makers Downpipes or Front pipes.. and I believe that they have addressed the location issue on the down pipes with the O2 sensor being really close and or touching master cylinder .. as I installed one of these on my buddies car 2 days ago and it had a different location on the secondary O2 that what has been shown on this site and looks to be in the same location as the OEM O2 ;) ...

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Its coming.

upload_2018-2-2_13-11-50.png
How much longer till it release?? if we buy the down pipe now, would you guys consider a discount on the front pipe when it releases?? :D :D

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
I wouldn’t bolt on a front pipe and downpipe without getting a tune regardless, do not sure why that tid bit is in there, with a tune you’ll make more power with the Prl pipes vs the afe. The whole point of bolt ons is to get a tune afterwards so the car running at its maximum efficiency. If not your afr’s will be all wacked out, then damage your motor like others already have.
Why would the prl pipes make more power than the afe?? if you dont mind explaining. would the rv6 make the same amount as the prl then?

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
@LilToTo17 hey i was wondering since the rv6 is catless but has a defouler, would it still pass emission? sorry lol still new to all of this haha but i think im leaning more towards the rv6 right now. :p

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@LilToTo17 hey i was wondering since the rv6 is catless but has a defouler, would it still pass emission? sorry lol still new to all of this haha but i think im leaning more towards the rv6 right now. :p
I wouldn't count on it lol any catless dp regardless will not pass visual inspection or smog but I don't know since I haven't tried haha or will not have to for another couple years.
Sponsored