Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Do not buy PLM pipes especially if you have a manual. They do not fit properly and rest against the slave cylinder and rattle and throw codes you can't get rid of with the tuner bc you have to use an 02 adapter which places the 02 sensor too far from the pipe to read. I sent mine back after a couple days. Plus a catless downpipe made my si sound horrible. I drove it like a grandma bc there is so much rasp. I spoke with another member here and he said he had another resonator put on and that helped with the majority of the rasp. Maybe I'm alone here but I cannot stand the noise the si produces with a catless downpipe.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017 Sedan
Country flag
Do not buy PLM pipes especially if you have a manual. They do not fit properly and rest against the slave cylinder and rattle and throw codes you can't get rid of with the tuner bc you have to use an 02 adapter which places the 02 sensor too far from the pipe to read. I sent mine back after a couple days. Plus a catless downpipe made my si sound horrible. I drove it like a grandma bc there is so much rasp. I spoke with another member here and he said he had another resonator put on and that helped with the majority of the rasp. Maybe I'm alone here but I cannot stand the noise the si produces with a catless downpipe.
Well I have a muffler delete (not resonator) and I like the sound!!! I will have to see how it sounds with the PRL downpipe

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Yea I don't think the muffler delete sounds bad at all it just makes it deeper and throaty. The 3 inch catless downpipe makes a lot of unpleasant rasp though. This was for the si though so i can't speak for other model's which might be fine!

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea I don't think the muffler delete sounds bad at all it just makes it deeper and throaty. The 3 inch catless downpipe makes a lot of unpleasant rasp though. This was for the si though so i can't speak for other model's which might be fine!
Well I have the SI lol!!! Let’s see when it arrives and it is installed to see if it bother me tough!!

Btw do I need to diable de O2 secondary sensors with the PRL downpipe?

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Yes you should be able to disable with k tuner.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I have the SI lol!!! Let’s see when it arrives and it is installed to see if it bother me tough!!

Btw do I need to diable de O2 secondary sensors with the PRL downpipe?

If its catless, yes. You'll also never pass emissions if your area requires it.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes you should be able to disable with k tuner.
Got flashpro but I did not know if was obligatory to disable de O2 sensor I know that in the 9thgen you have to do it

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If its catless, yes. You'll also never pass emissions if your area requires it.
Here we can get car passed without going to the machine, they do like a “Dummy” car and get them passed!!! muhahahahahaha!!! I had that done on my 2013 Honda Civic si all the time! But for now for the 1st three years we don’t have to inspected so I’m good for now

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
I'm not familiar with everything you can do on flashpro but I would assume they would have the capability.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not familiar with everything you can do on flashpro but I would assume they would have the capability.
Yeap just saw a post above that I need to disable it. Thanks

mciannelli1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civc SI
Country flag
I have an SI. The PLM pipes have not caused a single issue. I am sure the PRL are better quality, but not a single install issue, and no codes.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have an SI. The PLM pipes have not caused a single issue. I am sure the PRL are better quality, but not a single install issue, and no codes.
No codes but you disabled the O2 secondary sensor tough?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
That muffler delete makes the si sound like a tractor of sorts. I'm waiting for a quality exhaust like the greddy supreme sp..

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Plm is a quality exhaust for the money. I was impressed with the weld quality but it was engineered poorly due to the location they place the 02 sensor. They even make you use an 02 adapter to try to make it work. Plm is well aware of the poor placement of the 02 sensor, we had several emails and pictures back and forth. There is no way they would have given me a full refund for a used exhaust if there weren't valid fitment issues. I'm just trying to save someone else the hours I spent installing and uninstalling this exhaust. If you are good at modifying exhausts though then go for it. I'm sure it performs just like any of the others.
Sponsored