Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Looking to get some extra power out of the Si. Would i be okay running downpipe/frontpipe with the stock exhaust?? Or is that just outright stupid. Looking to save money. I know the dp/fp is where the gains are at when it comes to good performance mods, but will i just be canceling out the purpose of the dp/fp with a stock exhaust???
Sponsored

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Looking to get some extra power out of the Si. Would i be okay running downpipe/frontpipe with the stock exhaust?? Or is that just outright stupid. Looking to save money. I know the dp/fp is where the gains are at when it comes to good performance mods, but will i just be canceling out the purpose of the dp/fp with a stock exhaust???
I have a catted dp/front pipe and i use the stock exhaust, its not stupid at all and no youll get the gains my friend!

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Bro there’s nothing wrong with that I’m on stock exhaust and have dp/fp. Does it slow down exhaust flow ? Maybe but not a lot . Will it improve performance if you have aftermarket exhaust ? Yes but not much the most gains is the dp

OP
OP
Mike2020si

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a catted dp/front pipe and i use the stock exhaust, its not stupid at all and no youll get the gains my friend!
noted bro. Thank you so much. I guess you can call me a Turbski noob. Swooping that dp/fp

OP
OP
Mike2020si

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bro there’s nothing wrong with that I’m on stock exhaust and have dp/fp. Does it slow down exhaust flow ? Maybe but not a lot . Will it improve performance if you have aftermarket exhaust ? Yes but not much the most gains is the dp
Thats what i figured but i was being paranoid haha. Thank you bro for the info ill be swooping that dp/fp?

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Thats what i figured but i was being paranoid haha. Thank you bro for the info ill be swooping that dp/fp?
That’s what we are here for to help ??

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Agreed with this. The real power will come from the downpipe. Just make sure you have a tune on the car to get rid of the potential error code.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed with this. The real power will come from the downpipe. Just make sure you have a tune on the car to get rid of the potential error code.
Yup he’s gonna need to. I tried everything and I still get the error code for catalyst efficiency.

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yup he’s gonna need to. I tried everything and I still get the error code for catalyst efficiency.
Haha, I hear you. I had tuned mine right before the DP install to prep for it and it turned out alright.

Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I’m running a Catless DP/FP with stock exhaust and custom tuning. It’s awesome, 54MPG if I don’t use all the power. It’s near the clutch limit.
Sponsored