Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
Whats the best downpipe in yalls opinion for the sport??
Sponsored

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Any reputable branded DP will do really. PRL is what I had in my FK8

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
Any reputable branded DP will do really. PRL is what I had in my FK8
Appreciate it but question. How much of a actual difference does the downpipe give? If you understand what I'm saying? I've heard they completely changed the sound and feel of the car.

colezalusky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag
i was very surprised with the performance the downpipe gave my fk7. its alot louder which im not quite a fan of. but its one of those mods besider the tuner that really woke the car up. i got the prl catless but im also sure a highflow downpipe will do just the same

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
i was very surprised with the performance the downpipe gave my fk7. its alot louder which im not quite a fan of. but its one of those mods besider the tuner that really woke the car up. i got the prl catless but im also sure a highflow downpipe will do just the same
appreciate it man!

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
I've looked and the one I like is megan racing but can't seem to find it. PRL isn't selling them bc they have problems rn. I have thr greddy sp exhaust, it has a low purr to it and isn't to loud. But at of options are out of the question bc I can't seem to find any.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
We're fans of 27WON and RV6, having run both brands on multiple cars. Catless won't be available to you in USA due to the EPA, but for a street build either option will serve you well for an FBO build.

Downpipe certainly adds a good amount of volume to the overall exhaust system. Since it's up at the front you'll hear the exhaust more in the car versus at the back. How loud exactly depends on your current exhaust setup

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
RV6 hasn’t had and still doesn’t have issues that I am aware of. Go with them. Stick to companies with proven quality and manufacturing. A Downpipe will always increase exhaust noise because you are introducing more airflow in the exhaust stream. It also requires a tune to add more fuel to compensate for the more airflow.

Megan racing tends to be a more affordable solution for some parts but some you should not try to save on which the quality will generally last longer. Their suspension parts would be a better low cost solution IMO than a downpipe.

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
Thanks man I really appreciate it

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
We're fans of 27WON and RV6, having run both brands on multiple cars. Catless won't be available to you in USA due to the EPA, but for a street build either option will serve you well for an FBO build.

Downpipe certainly adds a good amount of volume to the overall exhaust system. Since it's up at the front you'll hear the exhaust more in the car versus at the back. How loud exactly depends on your current exhaust setup
Thank you!

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
RV6 is what I'm going with!

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
PRL is also very popular here and I've had no issues with mine

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
PRL is also very popular here and I've had no issues with mine
I looed on there site and it's no longer in the store... they said customers were having problems.. but it sounds great!

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I looed on there site and it's no longer in the store... they said customers were having problems.. but it sounds great!
It's not currently listed because they've switched to GESi catalysts, and unfortunately supply line issues and the recent-ish protests in Canada (where GESi is located) have severely backed things up and delayed production. Their older-style downpipes are no longer in production since the newer EPA regs killed catless downpipes and their previous catted designs got replaced by the GESi models. The GESi catalyst downpipes, which they refer to as "High Volume" models, are supposed to offer same or better performance as their previous catted downpipes but without a CEL even on a stock tune.

As far as issues, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Could you explain?

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
It's not currently listed because they've switched to GESi catalysts, and unfortunately supply line issues and the recent-ish protests in Canada (where GESi is located) have severely backed things up and delayed production. Their older-style downpipes are no longer in production since the newer EPA regs killed catless downpipes and their previous catted designs got replaced by the GESi models. The GESi catalyst downpipes, which they refer to as "High Volume" models, are supposed to offer same or better performance as their previous catted downpipes but without a CEL even on a stock tune.

As far as issues, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Could you explain?
You 100% explained what I was trying to say. I re up on the site and they pretty much said what you said. Still learning about all of this and the different words they have for it. Thank u for putting this in there.
Sponsored