Downpipe and frontpipe how would you know if installed wrong?

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Recently installed prl catted downpipe and front pipe. After installing front pipe I get some rattling which I've read it's normal its nothing crazy. How would I know if either the downpipe or front pipe was installed wrong or lose how would it sound?
Sponsored

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Recently installed prl catted downpipe and front pipe. After installing front pipe I get some rattling which I've read it's normal its nothing crazy. How would I know if either the downpipe or front pipe was installed wrong or lose how would it sound?
Just double check if nothing is hitting if it isn’t then you installed it correct

OP
OP
Tego0189

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Just double check if nothing is hitting if it isn’t then you installed it correct
That back heat shield seems way to close to the front pipe I think that's what is making the rattle when it hits. I'm gonna try to pry it down see if it stops. If I installed it lose would it lose power or make a different sound?

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
That back heat shield seems way to close to the front pipe I think that's what is making the rattle when it hits. I'm gonna try to pry it down see if it stops. If I installed it lose would it lose power or make a different sound?
Yeah possibly you bent it when you removed the stock one try it out

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had this issue and nothing hit anywhere and no shields were loose. It happened to be the oem gasket on the stock exhaust piping. It’s a little metal ring, not like a regular gasket. It came loose and was rattling around in there since the front pipe was much bigger.

Just thought I’d share what happened to me that isn’t typical like a heat shield. Hope this helps, good luck man!

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Could be the hangers too. That's why I purchased new hangers with my AWE Track exhaust on the Type-R. It's still brand new, but there's no rattles at all in the cabin. Car sounds really good now.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
From what I've seen reported here, it's either the OEM gasket inside the pipe or the front pipe hitting the subframe somewhere. If the gasket isn't the issue, you'll just have to get it in the air and find the rattle that way.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may want to verify that the support brackets on the bottom of downpipe are installed correctly.

OP
OP
Tego0189

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
You may want to verify that the support brackets on the bottom of downpipe are installed correctly.
Yeah I already did that I noticed when I went to install the front pipe that I had installed those brackets on the wrong side fixed them but every now and then I hear those rattles

OP
OP
Tego0189

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
From what I've seen reported here, it's either the OEM gasket inside the pipe or the front pipe hitting the subframe somewhere. If the gasket isn't the issue, you'll just have to get it in the air and find the rattle that way.
What oem gasket and inside what pipe?

OP
OP
Tego0189

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I had this issue and nothing hit anywhere and no shields were loose. It happened to be the oem gasket on the stock exhaust piping. It’s a little metal ring, not like a regular gasket. It came loose and was rattling around in there since the front pipe was much bigger.

Just thought I’d share what happened to me that isn’t typical like a heat shield. Hope this helps, good luck man!
Thanks I'm going to be checking that this weekend
Sponsored