Download Firmware Updates to Install on Your Own?

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys,

I stupidly touched things in the diagnostic menu (Brightness + Power + Menu for 2 seconds) and now the LaneWatch camera is not working. Comes up with a red screen that says "Aiming Failed". I have an appointment with the dealer in a few days so they can essentially reinstall the firmware and re-aim the LaneWatch camera.

This got me thinking, has anyone found a place to download firmware updates, put them on a flash drive, and install them yourself? Anyone work for a dealer and knows the process for electronic/technical issues, and where/how the dealer gets a solution?
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I stupidly touched things in the diagnostic menu (Brightness + Power + Menu for 2 seconds) and now the LaneWatch camera is not working. Comes up with a red screen that says "Aiming Failed". I have an appointment with the dealer in a few days so they can essentially reinstall the firmware and re-aim the LaneWatch camera.

This got me thinking, has anyone found a place to download firmware updates, put them on a flash drive, and install them yourself?
Surely Honda is thinking of little else but cases like this in not making that option available.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi guys,

This got me thinking, has anyone found a place to download firmware updates, put them on a flash drive, and install them yourself? Anyone work for a dealer and knows the process for electronic/technical issues, and where/how the dealer gets a solution?
Honda isn't even trusting the dealers to do this.
For the single update that's been issued so far they are sending USB drives to the dealerships.

Short answer: Nope for now. Nope for later.

OP
OP
lucashend

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag