First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
Hello pals

Cut the long story short - there is a button (Arrow) in Ktuner software that allows me to download the base code. It is always grey(Non-clickable).
What do I need to do to make it work (Clickable)?
Do I need to flash my car back to stock for that?

Thanks for the answers
Best regards
Prozento
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You have the unit plugged in obviously? At the bottom left, is it a green rectangle that says Connected or red that says Not Connected? If the latter, use the button up near the basecode button you're talking about to Connect To Unit.

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
You have the unit plugged in obviously? At the bottom left, is it a green rectangle that says Connected or red that says Not Connected? If the latter, use the button up near the basecode button you're talking about to Connect To Unit.
The unit (V2) was connected to the car and the laptop connected to the unit of course. Still - I had the button "connect" clickable on the left of "download base code". When I press it, this just make the unit disconnect.
Maybe I am missing something simple but still can't make it work.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The unit (V2) was connected to the car and the laptop connected to the unit of course. Still - I had the button "connect" clickable on the left of "download base code". When I press it, this just make the unit disconnect.
Maybe I am missing something simple but still can't make it work.
Hmmm. I've never had the V2 connected to a car and PC at the same time. Part of the reason I got a V2 was I only have a gaming desktop lol.

What about just having the V2 connected to the laptop? Store the tune on the V2 then flash the tune from the V2 without using the laptop. Does that work?

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
Hmmm. I've never had the V2 connected to a car and PC at the same time. Part of the reason I got a V2 was I only have a gaming desktop lol.

What about just having the V2 connected to the laptop? Store the tune on the V2 then flash the tune from the V2 without using the laptop. Does that work?
I don't want to flash a tune. Download base code is an option to start a new tune from scratch - an option I want to dig in and learn it deeper

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
Download basecode will only apply to KTunerECU hardware, hence why it's grey with KTunerFlash hardware.
So I can't use Ktuner software/unit to write a tune from scratch? (Wihtout using baseman factory calibration)

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't want to flash a tune. Download base code is an option to start a new tune from scratch - an option I want to dig in and learn it deeper
So I can't use Ktuner software/unit to write a tune from scratch? (Wihtout using baseman factory calibration)
Ohhh I see what you're saying. Sorry, misunderstood what you were trying to do. @KTuner can weigh in there but I feel like what you want to do is beyond the End User utilities you're entitled to with just a flash device.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The available starting points are listed in File>New Tune. Limitations are removed in the background for every tune, so the only way to have a 100% factory tune to start from is with WinOLS and some other flashing product. Good luck!
Sponsored