First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello everyone,

Been looking for viable options to replace the CDV on our cars. I came across the Dorman part# CS650195. This slave cylinder appears to not have a clutch delay valve. Almost all other slave cylinder options available as a replacement from other manufacturers have an area on the cylinder to access the delay valve. This one appears to not have one. I ordered it today and upon receipt I will let you all know if it does indeed not have a delay valve. So for those of you who don't want to hassle with trying to take out the delay valve (and the nightmare it can be to do) you might just be able to purchase this one and keep your stock one undamaged. Anyone else have any opinions on this?
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
That's a great find.
Please let us know what you find out.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Based on the Honda part it says it is a direct fit for and also the design from the photographs, that ain't gonna fit.

At the very least, the OEM hardline won't reach the connection point. You'd have to get an aftermarket clutch line.

Things like the common stainless steel clutch line upgrades will not solve that problem for you, they don't replace the hardline at the slave cylinder end, just the rubber section in the middle.

But the OEM slave cylinder it is a direct fit for is for 9 gen civics and there is no guarantee the mounting is correct or the piston bore is correct for 10th gen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
voodoo50

voodoo50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Based on the Honda part it says it is a direct fit for and also the design from the photographs, that ain't gonna fit.

At the very least, the OEM hardline won't reach the connection point. You'd have to get an aftermarket clutch line.

Things like the common stainless steel clutch line upgrades will not solve that problem for you, they don't replace the hardline at the slave cylinder end, just the rubber section in the middle.

But the OEM slave cylinder it is a direct fit for is for 9 gen civics and there is no guarantee the mounting is correct or the piston bore is correct for 10th gen.
See post

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Never have I thought seeing non oem parts in our cars(not counting performance or fitment/style parts) until 10 or more years down the line. I’m interested to see how this goes!

OP
OP
voodoo50

voodoo50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How'd the install go?
Didn’t bother... it wasn’t the right part. Returned it and had one purchased and modified. Going to install a modified slave and master in two days. Paid a member to modify the parts. Delete the valve on the slave and weld the holes on the master.
But at least I tried...

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn’t bother... it wasn’t the right part. Returned it and had one purchased and modified. Going to install a modified slave and master in two days. Paid a member to modify the parts. Delete the valve on the slave and weld the holes on the master.
But at least I tried...
who modified the slave and master? im trying to get mine done.

OP
OP
voodoo50

voodoo50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The guy goes by alejandroads123 here in the forum. Great guy to work with. He was very fast and the work he did is still good on my clutch slave cylinder.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hardline doesn’t need attention. Rubber expands when given the pressure.
Sponsored