First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
I have C2-650x and they have a mounting dept of 2.44 in / 62 mm and they fit

You need speaker mounts and speaker wire adapters, you will have to splice the tweeter wires yourself
speaker wire harness
Metra 72-7800

Speaker Brackets
American International HSB524

Maybe you should replace your front center speaker too
[/

Have you found any wiring diagrams?
I need to splice the tweeters and am not sure if either are out of phase or even which one is positive
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Have you found any wiring diagrams ? I need to splice the tweeters and am not sure if either are out of phase or even which one is positive.
You don't need to splice the wires if you get these, but I'm not sure if the phase are wired correctly on those. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C4MQDPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Might be cheaper elsewhere.

I plan to use an android app similar to the IOS "Speaker Pop" app and hook up the speakers one at a time to my phone to match the phase to factory.

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
You don't need to splice the wires if you get these, but I'm not sure if the phase are wired correctly on those. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C4MQDPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Might be cheaper elsewhere.

I plan to use an android app similar to the IOS "Speaker Pop" app and hook up the speakers one at a time to my phone to match the phase to factory.
I bought identical looking adapters on ebay that were advertised for an odyssey and they were wired correctly.

If you put the Civic in to Crutchfield, when you order they give you a Civic install guide with the wiring colors.

If you don't have that I can probably dig up the info from the service manual tomorrow.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought identical looking adapters on ebay that were advertised for an odyssey and they were wired correctly.

If you put the Civic in to Crutchfield, when you order they give you a Civic install guide with the wiring colors.

If you don't have that I can probably dig up the info from the service manual tomorrow.
Appreciate your offer, but I have the service manual and it says the passenger front tweeter wires are (+, A16)LT-GRN (-, A17)PNK. But when I look at an utube video that shows the tweeter connector and compared it against the harness I received, it looked like the phases are flipped. In the product image below, the flat side is on the bottom. So if you line up the flat side of the harness with the flat side of the connector, then RED<->PNK and Silver<->LT-GRN(BLU). Which looks to be flipped. That's why I want to double check with the free app. It's easy to do. All I need is to cut open a 3.5mm headphone wire, connect it to my phone and one channel of the open wire to an amp and connect one speaker to the amp and run the app in a quite environment.

EDIT: I probably should avoid connect your phone's headphone jack directly to the speakers. I'm gonna connect my phone's headphone jack to an amplifier and connect the speakers to the amp to do the speaker pop tests.

Honda Civic 10th gen Door speakers 1600664645990

Honda Civic 10th gen Door speakers 1600664906401

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Appreciate your offer, but I have the service manual and it says the passenger front tweeter wires are (+, A16)LT-GRN (-, A17)PNK. But when I look at an utube video that shows the tweeter connector and compared it against the harness I received, it looked like the phases are flipped. In the product image below, the flat side is on the bottom. So if you line up the flat side of the harness with the flat side of the connector, then RED<->PNK and Silver<->LT-GRN(BLU). Which looks to be flipped. That's why I want to double check with the free app. It's easy to do. All I need is to cut open a 3.5mm headphone wire, connect it to my phone and one channel of the open wire to one speaker and run the app in a quite environment.

1600664645990.png

1600664906401.png
The video shows a Civic without stereo amplifier, which has the front right tweeter wired as red (+), light blue (-).

The car pictured is not wired out of phase. If you have the stereo amp with the upgraded audio system your wiring will be exactly as your wiring diagram indicates, I know from experience wiring in a new tweeter there.

The people at Honda aren't colorblind. It's just two different models with different audio systems and wiring.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The video shows a Civic without stereo amplifier, which has the front right tweeter wired as red (+), light blue (-).

The car pictured is not wired out of phase. If you have the stereo amp with the upgraded audio system your wiring will be exactly as your wiring diagram indicates, I know from experience wiring in a new tweeter there.

The people at Honda aren't colorblind. It's just two different models with different audio systems and wiring.
Thanks for the info, but I'm pretty sure the car has the external amplifier. I found that video on this guy's channel https://www.youtube.com/user/soulnchain/videos. And you can clearly see in his other videos that he has a hatch with a center speaker and you can also see the center speaker in the door speaker video where I got my image from. So that means he's got the external amp.

Plus, per my copy of the service manual, for the non-amplified models, the front passenger tweeter wiring is not red(+) and light blue (-) as you indicated. It's GRY (+) and Purple (-). I'm not here to say the car is wired wrong. If I think the car's wiring is wrong, then I wouldn't be trying to confirm if my harness matches the car's wiring. I'm just trying to confirm if the harness I purchased phase matched to the factory.

EDIT: Just realized the video was from an Italian channel so the color coding might be different there. I guess I'll know for sure once I got the door panels off. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Thanks for the info, but I'm pretty sure the car has the external amplifier. I found that video on this guy's channel https://www.youtube.com/user/soulnchain/videos. And you can clearly see in his other videos that he has a hatch with a center speaker and you can also see the center speaker in the door speaker video where I got my image from. So that means he's got the external amp.

Plus, per my copy of the service manual, for the non-amplified models, the front passenger tweeter wiring is not red(+) and light blue (-) as you indicated. It's GRY (+) and Purple (-). I'm not here to say the car is wired wrong. If I think the car's wiring is wrong, then I wouldn't be trying to confirm if my harness matches the car's wiring. I'm just trying to confirm if the harness I purchased phase matched to the factory.

EDIT: Just realized the video was from an Italian channel so the color coding might be different there. I guess I'll know for sure once I got the door panels off. Thanks for the heads up.
Again, there are multiple models.

2DR/4DR w/o amp

Honda Civic 10th gen Door speakers Screenshot_20200921-104258__01

2DR/4DR with amp

Honda Civic 10th gen Door speakers Screenshot_20200921-104543__01

Although that is peculiar he appears to have a center speaker.

Definitely do the testing if you want. Who knows what kinds of configuration Honda's done with the DSP. They could even have the phase inverted anyway. But the plugs and adapters are wired correctly per the schematics.

Edit: I found it.

The above diagrams are for the 2 and 4 door. The hatch is wired differently. It makes sense as the hatch has 12 speakers vs. the 2/4dr 10 speaker config.

The hatch front passenger tweeter is blue/pink, which appears to match what the video shows.

Hatch with amp:

Honda Civic 10th gen Door speakers Screenshot_20200921-105348__01

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Again, there are multiple models.

2DR/4DR w/o amp

Screenshot_20200921-104258__01.jpg

2DR/4DR with amp

Screenshot_20200921-104543__01.jpg

Although that is peculiar he appears to have a center speaker.

Definitely do the testing if you want. Who knows what kinds of configuration Honda's done with the DSP. They could even have the phase inverted anyway. But the plugs and adapters are wired correctly per the schematics.

Edit: I found it.

The above diagrams are for the 2 and 4 door. The hatch is wired differently. It makes sense as the hatch has 12 speakers vs. the 2/4dr 10 speaker config.

The hatch front passenger tweeter is blue/pink, which appears to match what the video shows.

Hatch with amp:

Screenshot_20200921-105348__01.jpg
Good work. Thanks. I also figured out where you got the (+)Red (-)Blue for the passenger front tweeters on the non-amp version. I didn't realized Honda switched the colors between the head unit connector and the tweeter connector. I was quoting the head unit wire colors and you were quoting the tweeter wire colors.

Ok so since the video wire colors matched the service manual, which means with the harness I received, Harness-RED<->PNK, Harness-SILVER<->BLUE. Which by normal after market convention where RED (bigger socket) is (+), the harness phase is flipped. Do you agree? Of course, the actual factory tweeter could be wired backwards from the doc and that's why I want to do my speaker pop tests to confirm.

Also I want to modify what I said in my earlier post saying I'm gonna connect the speakers directly to my phone. That's probably not a good thing to do since the phone might not have enough juice to drive the speakers. Instead, I'm gonna run the app's sound output to an home amplifier on the bench to guide my wiring on the bench. Then I'm gonna feed the app's sound thru Bluetooth and test each speaker individually with the final installation.

exCat

First Name
Istvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.0T Elegance
Country flag
Hello,

Anyone know, the Ground zero gzrk 165sq fit the front door? (68mm depth)

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I confirmed that the tweeter harness I bought is definitely wired backwards.

If you match the product picture I attached in one of my previous post in this tread to the picture of the door connector of my car here, you'll find that the PNK in the door connector connects to the RED wire of the harness. Per the service manual, PNK is -. Which means the phase are reversed between the factory tweeter connector and the aftermarket harness I bought.

And I confirmed the door tweeter PNK wire is definitely wired to the - of the stock tweeter. I did that by run an android speaker pop app on one phone and measuring the sound output with an audio scape on another phone. As you can see below, the phases of the audio waveform is inverted when the two wires are reversed. Using this method, I simply match the phase produced by my after market tweeter with the stock tweeter and found that the service manual diagram is correct (LT-GRN +, PNK -).

Honda Civic 10th gen Door speakers 1601065953392

Honda Civic 10th gen Door speakers 1601066015214

Honda Civic 10th gen Door speakers 1601066038104

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
So I confirmed that the tweeter harness I bought is definitely wired backwards.

If you match the product picture I attached in one of my previous post in this tread to the picture of the door connector of my car here, you'll find that the PNK in the door connector connects to the RED wire of the harness. Per the service manual, PNK is -. Which means the phase are reversed between the factory tweeter connector and the aftermarket harness I bought.

And I confirmed the door tweeter PNK wire is definitely wired to the - of the stock tweeter. I did that by run an android speaker pop app on one phone and measuring the sound output with an audio scape on another phone. As you can see below, the phases of the audio waveform is inverted when the two wires are reversed. Using this method, I simply match the phase produced by my after market tweeter with the stock tweeter and found that the service manual diagram is correct (LT-GRN +, PNK -).

1601065953392.png

1601066015214.png

1601066038104.png
This is the one you bought on amazon with red wired to negative?

That's a shame. They look almost identical to the ones I bought on ebay, but mine were wired correctly.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is the one you bought on amazon with red wired to negative?

That's a shame. They look almost identical to the ones I bought on ebay, but mine were wired correctly.
That's correct. I looked at a few "odyssey tweeter harness" on ebay and they all look the same as the one I bought so they're all wrong by their pictures. You must be lucky to got one that was wired correctly.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
That's correct. I looked at a few "odyssey tweeter harness" on ebay and they all look the same as the one I bought so they're all wrong by their pictures. You must be lucky to got one that was wired correctly.
I was so confident I checked the wiring harness out. I realize now I just verified the wiring to the tweeters.

My harnesses are wired backwards just like yours, so my rear tweeters are inverted. Pretty lame.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was so confident I checked the wiring harness out. I realize now I just verified the wiring to the tweeters.

My harnesses are wired backwards just like yours, so my rear tweeters are inverted. Pretty lame.
It's no big deal. People said one can't even tell when a tweeter is out of phase anyway. Lol...
Sponsored