Door speakers and tweeters stopped working

Zerainos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
So I installed a LOC, amp, and sub. Along with two door speakers. Driver door speaker kept cutting out until I got a message on the head unit saying the car is going into safe mode or somewhere along those lines. Restarted the car and now I have no audio from the door speakers and tweeters. The front center dash speaker works fine as well as everything on the rear deck working fine.
So I have no audio from each door whatsoever. I’m not sure what to do here, is it the stock amp gone bad?
Sponsored

Tyler11___

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
Did you ever figure it out mine did the same thing can’t find the fix

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I'm running all my speakers through an aftermarket amp, with the output from the factory footwell amp used as inputs. The lack of load caused my factory amp to go into protection mode or something, my fix was to take the rear speaker channels and add a resistor to each one. 30 ohm, I think, and it's kept the factory amp happy enough that it hasn't cut out since.

Tyler11___

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder if that’s what happen to mine idk what to do or how to do all the things you just said lol 😂

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
In general and to the best of my understanding...

The amp goes into 'protection mode' when there isn't a sufficient load or resistance on the outputs. This can be a mismatched speaker impedance (Ohms) of just a short circuit in the wiring.

If it happened suddenly after working fine for a while; it seems likely to be a wiring issue. A crimp, wire nut, or whatever may have come loose and the connection is broken.

Tyler11___

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay so how do I reset the amp or what how do I get it to come back on ?

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I didn't have to reset anything, just put a 30 ohm resistor on each of the rear channels. Like these-

https://www.amazon.com/LM-YN-Wirewound-Electronic-Industrial/dp/B072BWJDQR/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3ED3FCNGVEINM&keywords=30+ohm+resistor&qid=1674082699&sprefix=30+ohm,aps,249&sr=8-5

Cut one of the door speaker lines going into your LOC, splice the resistor in, and see if it works. If it doesn't work, put another resistor on the other door speaker line.

Edit- I suggest the door speakers even though mine are on the rears because I think your setup has the rears unmodified, where mine rear lines coming out of the factory amp were cut and twisted together, attached to nothing.

Tyler11___

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ohh okay so use the thing you linked into the speaker wire from the door speaker correct ?

Tyler11___

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is there a way you could send me a video of what you mean my Instagram is tyler11___
Sponsored