Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My passenger door sometimes doesn't recognize that it is closed fully. Randomly when my passenger will close the door, even if I'm 100% sure that it closed fully, as I walk away the car will beep rapidly, letting me know that the door won't lock, until I go back and reclose the door (sometimes more than once). I tested this on my own and found around 50% of the time it believes the door isn't closed despite me closing it with more than enough force.

Is this common at all? I looked around the forums a bit and couldn't find anything under the terms I searched.

Is there an easy fix to this or is it something I should take into a dealership? I'd much rather do it myself than have them charge stupid prices for something that could be simple.
Sponsored

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
My passenger door sometimes doesn't recognize that it is closed fully. Randomly when my passenger will close the door, even if I'm 100% sure that it closed fully, as I walk away the car will beep rapidly, letting me know that the door won't lock, until I go back and reclose the door (sometimes more than once). I tested this on my own and found around 50% of the time it believes the door isn't closed despite me closing it with more than enough force.

Is this common at all? I looked around the forums a bit and couldn't find anything under the terms I searched.

Is there an easy fix to this or is it something I should take into a dealership? I'd much rather do it myself than have them charge stupid prices for something that could be simple.
There is a small door switch on the b-pillar post, if the switch is bad it will say the door is always open. It's just a 8mm bolt holding it in place, takes all of 10 seconds to replace the part.