Door panel weather seal?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Is there a way to get this thing properly back on after removing it?
I haven't taken it off yet but I just want to be sure I can get it sealed properly again.
Honda Civic 10th gen Door panel weather seal? 20200414_071619
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
If you want I guess you can find out what Honda uses for the white goop they use to seal it, I’ve never had any issues removing it and sticking it back on with the same white goop sealer. Water doesn’t get into that side of the door, it can but it won’t be seeing much. Water goes on the inside of the door where the glass sits (in between the two sides of the door) and around the sides, but that what your looking at will very rarely see water

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
the "white goop" is called an acoustical sealant, it's basically like a rubbery caulk thats supposed to never fully harden so you can remove and reinstall the plastic many times or atleast that's what i've seen on every other car door I've ever gone inside of, but their acoustical sealants where black not white, in theory if the stuff on the door is no longer sticky you could remove it and use another acoustical sealant.

bhwks61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I removed it to install dynomat in the door. I used an exacto knife to cut the adhesive close to the sheet metal so most of the adhesive was on the vapor barrier. Once done it reinstalled no problem.
Sponsored