Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
I've had my Civic for a month now. I have hit the lower part of the door panel with my shoe sole when getting out in tight parking spots. I have these curved shoe marks that I can't seem to remove with regular cleaning supplies. Any idea what type of cleaning supplies can get this off? Must be rubber transfer but I'm not sure what to do to remove it.
Sponsored

mzubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda Pilot, 2006 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota Camry
Country flag
After a harsh winter with sandy salty streets and parking lots, I’ve pretty much given up on getting the lower door panels like new. Some of the scuff marks are actual scratches. Some kind of protective liner would be nice.

Sorry I don’t have a cleaning product suggestion.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I've had my Civic for a month now. I have hit the lower part of the door panel with my shoe sole when getting out in tight parking spots. I have these curved shoe marks that I can't seem to remove with regular cleaning supplies. Any idea what type of cleaning supplies can get this off? Must be rubber transfer but I'm not sure what to do to remove it.
Have you tried a stiff-bristle brush? Not talking about metal bristles of course, but plastic? Should get into the texture of the plastic but not scratch it. And I've had really good luck with Meyer's over the years when it comes to cleaning the interior of the car. It's powerful enough yet it's not harsh.

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
If you scratched the black plastic interior, it's permanent.

I've read that you can reduce the visibility of the scratch by putting armor all and the likes.

Some also tried heating a paper clip with a lighter and poke slightly onto the scratch.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
tried a green scrubbie? I wouldn't push too hard tho...

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lemon-aid, huh? I wonder if citrus-based furniture cleaner would work???

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
My new '18 Accord came with a light scuff mark on the driver's door. The dealer would be happy to replace the door panel, but I declined because of the risk of doing additional damage that would require repair and the potential for introducing rattles. I've played that game before - one repair can lead to another!

I've also learned the hard way not to experiment with different cleaners or cleaning tools until you're 100% certain something will work. The last thing you want to do is make something worse.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
lemon-aid, huh? I wonder if citrus-based furniture cleaner would work???
Idk try it out and report back to us lol

My new '18 Accord came with a light scuff mark on the driver's door. The dealer would be happy to replace the door panel, but I declined because of the risk of doing additional damage that would require repair and the potential for introducing rattles. I've played that game before - one repair can lead to another!

I've also learned the hard way not to experiment with different cleaners or cleaning tools until you're 100% certain something will work. The last thing you want to do is make something worse.
You trade in the Si? Anyways congrats on the new Accord :thumbsup:

tony4civics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch ST, Toyota Camry
Country flag
Use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, great for scuffs on anything. I finish off with Armorall satin finish, I prefer a matte, not gloss look.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I agree that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser can work, but it will remove the clear coat if you press too hard - I've had that problem.

Another option is to use NAPA liquid cleaner & polish after washing the dirt away. Very mild and does the job for me.

White10thgen

First Name
Gio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Honda Civic 10th gen Door panel shoe marks 675A48B2-11AE-4E75-BC75-AFAB091D579B
Honda Civic 10th gen Door panel shoe marks 305A426F-B77B-4AAA-AF0E-2916EA0A1A1C
Honda Civic 10th gen Door panel shoe marks 675A48B2-11AE-4E75-BC75-AFAB091D579B
Not sure what you could clean it with. But i recently installed this vinyl wrap i bought online to protect mine from getting scuffed/scratched/dirty. The set came with vinyl for all 4 doors.

Honda Civic 10th gen Door panel shoe marks 406C9F67-5ED8-45A5-8BD4-DB90FAF85DF2