Door panel rattle fixed

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Okay so, my car has gotten to the point where rattles are louder than my speakers can mask. The ones that are bothering me the most are my door panels, esp. the passenger side.

Honda Civic 10th gen Door panel rattle fixed 2E51CBBE-CA82-421C-A07E-A83CDC8DFE31

Whenever the song hits a beat the speakers make the door panel rattle, most prominent in these two spots.

I have tried 3 different types of material to combat the rattling. I’ve tried just regular padding material, thick felt tape, and this foam adhesive tape that I got from home depot.

These materials fixed the rattles by roughly 70%, but then as soon as I place everything back and screw the door panel in, even MORE rattles occur elsewhere in the door panel.

Does anybody have any prior experience with their door panels rattling, and know exactly what to do? I want to try and “insulate” the entire door panel or just put something behind the entire thing to stop it from rattling all the damn time, i just don’t know the right spots and what kind of material to use. Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I did some research and had some people over at a different forum provide me some advice.

I ended up using closed cell foam throughout the entire panel, then using new felt clips to secure the panel back onto the door. This has eliminated the rattles entirely. There are still some tiny buzzes, but all I need to do is to open the door panel back up and place more of this foam to cover the entire surface area.