Door Ding on my new Civic 2016... Advice?

rjschof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
Does anyone have any advice for me? I recently got this dent put into my car by some inconsiderate jackass. I really want to fix this, but I don't want to spend a whole grand in the process for something that is the size of my thumbnail.

I purchased the "Multishield" protection from the dealership when I got the car, which includes paintless dent repair. Of course, making this not noticeable would require some paint, but I'm wondering if they'd be able to just get the dent out and then I could use the touch up paint from Honda to cover it up.

This bugs the heck out of me, though. I LOVE this car, and I don't want to see this every time I walk around it (it's on the passenger side). I've attached some photos of the dent for reference. I really wish it was only a dent, but they hit it so hard that the paint came up, too. :( Someone told me I could think about filling it in with bondo and then painting it, but I don't know about that. Is something on the crease in the door harder to fix?

I learned my lesson, and now I'm probably gonna get the dealership to put the body side molding on my car to protect from things like this. What do you guys think about that? Obviously, I should probably do that after I get the door fixed. Does it really work for protecting the door from dings like this?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, guys. I hope nobody else here has to experience this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Door Ding on my new Civic 2016... Advice? IMG_1401.JPG
Photo from the side.

Honda Civic 10th gen Door Ding on my new Civic 2016... Advice? IMG_1402.JPG
Photo from above (for depth).

Last edited:

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Does anyone have any advice for me? I recently got this dent put into my car by some inconsiderate jackass. I really want to fix this, but I don't want to spend a whole grand in the process for something that is the size of my thumbnail.

I purchased the "Multishield" protection from the dealership when I got the car, which includes paintless dent repair. Of course, making this not noticeable would require some paint, but I'm wondering if they'd be able to just get the dent out and then I could use the touch up paint from Honda to cover it up.

This bugs the heck out of me, though. I LOVE this car, and I don't want to see this every time I walk around it (it's on the passenger side). I've attached some photos of the dent for reference. I really wish it was only a dent, but they hit it so hard that the paint came up, too. :( Someone told me I could think about filling it in with bondo and then painting it, but I don't know about that. Is something on the crease in the door harder to fix?

I learned my lesson, and now I'm probably gonna get the dealership to put the body side molding on my car to protect from things like this. What do you guys think about that? Obviously, I should probably do that after I get the door fixed. Does it really work for protecting the door from dings like this?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, guys. I hope nobody else here has to experience this.

IMG_1401.JPG
Photo from the side.

IMG_1402.JPG
Photo from above (for depth).
That sucks man. But do you think the body side moulding would have prevented that? Unfortunately there is no foolproof method of protecting against inconsiderate jackasses. Better the car takes the hit, than you.

OP
OP

rjschof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
That sucks man. But do you think the body side moulding would have prevented that? Unfortunately there is no foolproof method of protecting against inconsiderate jackasses. Better the car takes the hit, than you.
Good point. People have told me it might, but it doesn't prevent everything. I'm wondering if anyone here has one and could shed some light on its protective potential.

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 2.0 (Traded), 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX 6 Speed (Current)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good point. People have told me it might, but it doesn't prevent everything. I'm wondering if anyone here has one and could shed some light on its protective potential.
yeah i dont think the moldings would have stopped this dent. looks like it was a truck or something with high doors that hit your car. i have a similar dent on my car and im looking to paintless dent removal to have it removed.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had to do paintless dent repair 3 times on my civic in one year. Very thin sheet metal.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What did these repairs cost each time?
The one on the hood was a little smaller then a quarter and it costed 150. The one on the passanger door and one right abouve the wheel was right on the creese I guess you can call it was 200. Got those both done the same time. You can still see the one in the door a little.

I would say to get a good job done it's going to be atleast 100 dollars.
What did these repairs cost each time?

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
The one on the hood was a little smaller then a quarter and it costed 150. The one on the passanger door and one right abouve the wheel was right on the creese I guess you can call it was 200. Got those both done the same time. You can still see the one in the door a little.

I would say to get a good job done it's going to be atleast 100 dollars.
Yeah, I think one of my boys let a basketball bounce off the side of the car and I see a slight dent. Annoying the crap out me tho. Unfortunately dent repair and paint chip repair are what Honda owners are going to have to get used to.

handa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 2.0 (Traded), 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX 6 Speed (Current)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i got my ding repaired for 100 today it looks real good just a small scuff mark left
Sponsored