Team SI

First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
I’m trying to hook up my new interior lights to turn on when I open my door, and also trying to find the right fuse to I can tap into. Can anyone help
Sponsored

Ellenswamy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m trying to hook up my new interior lights to turn on when I open my door, and also trying to find the right fuse to I can tap into. Can anyone help
Does it not have a switch on the light you can move to the center to turn on when the door opens?

OP
OP
Team SI

Team SI

First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
I have the opt7 aura pro and it’s hooked up to the fuel pump right now, I’m trying to figure out how to make them turn off when I close the door

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
I have the opt7 aura pro and it’s hooked up to the fuel pump right now, I’m trying to figure out how to make them turn off when I close the door
if you get this sorted let me know. I have the aura pro as well. Currently mine are only on when ignition is on. They dont pop on when the lights pop on and i was too nervous to splice anything into the dome light.

Odd thing.. the fuse for the interior lights is in the engine bay. I know in theory i could run the control wire to that - and it will turn on the lights when the door is open, then keep them on while driving (l have them in my footwells).

OP
OP
Team SI

Team SI

First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
if you get this sorted let me know. I have the aura pro as well. Currently mine are only on when ignition is on. They dont pop on when the lights pop on and i was too nervous to splice anything into the dome light.

Odd thing.. the fuse for the interior lights is in the engine bay. I know in theory i could run the control wire to that - and it will turn on the lights when the door is open, then keep them on while driving (l have them in my footwells).
I’ll let you know when I figure it out, but if opt7 did more research they can at least put a instructions paper on all cars

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Just test the pin outs on the dome light with a multimeter. I could check the diagrams or my own car but I wouldn't be confident enough to say that the US ones are exactly the same as here. It's always best to test, or you could do some damage.
Sponsored