Don't slam the doors!

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
be careful when you get out, my wife closed the front passenger door like it was an armoured vehicle or a bank safe..... and now it sounds strangely metallic when i close it, i also found dents in both the stops around the door sill. metal is very thin there, i can push it in with my finger!

Honda Civic 10th gen Don't slam the doors! IMG_20180311_102645

Honda Civic 10th gen Don't slam the doors! IMG_20180311_102606

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is the paint rubbed through just below the sticker ? Might need to turn the rubber stops out to compensate for the dents, hopefully it will cure the metallic sound your hearing

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is the paint rubbed through just below the sticker ? Might need to turn the rubber stops out to compensate for the dents, hopefully it will cure the metallic sound your hearing
paint is fine fortunately, there is only a bit of dirt where the rubber sits. I tried to adjust the stops up and down but there was no change in the sound, the door sticks out a bit at the bottom if i pull the lower stop all the way out, so i put it back in a lower position. I checked carefully and it seems the sound comes from the top part of the door, around the window frame, even thougb it doeasnt make sense because it is all rubber there.
Sponsored