Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Queue up the "aint nobody got time for dat" meme..... I never fold it into the bag. I fold it, and toss it in the back seat.

Always am arm reach away. It keeps my shifter from becoming a Lava Ball, instead it's only a bit warm. So completely worth it for me.
I used a Covercraft on all my cars, and I love them. I have to park outdoors in FL heat/sun so it's worth it to me to keep the dash protected. I think I'd keep using it even if I did get ceramic on the front window.
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a dash carpet mat. It helps a little with heat. It prevents reflections of the dashboard on the windshield. Prevents the dash from cracking/fading. And it was 12 bucks on ebay.. worth the investment.

Honda Civic 10th gen Don't Hate me but..... 58FA0CDA-0741-4BE8-A067-3BD8589C809D

Last edited:

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
As already stated, a decent ceramic windshield tint will solve all your problems and you won't have to resort to inconvenient visors or ugly dash mats.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Then you definitely won't need a dash cover. A high quality ceramic tint will keep the dash from cooking. For comparison sake, I don't ever cover my shift knob even when I park outside in 95 degree weather. It gets warm but not scalding hot. The tint works that well.
Good to know. I forgot to put my sunscreen cover up once recently, and needed to use a cloth hat to grab the shift knob.And it didn't cool off for at least 15-20 minutes. Looks cool, but leather would have been a better choice. Doesn't take long in 110 degree AZ heat to cook that aluminum. Even with the sunscreen up the car and everything in it gets hot, just not as hot. So if ceramic tint helps, well worth it here in the desert.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As already stated, a decent ceramic windshield tint will solve all your problems and you won't have to resort to inconvenient visors or ugly dash mats.
I respect your opinion.

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Ya, but when your windshield gets a chip and cracks then you have to re-tint it again. Besides replacing the windshield, you have to again ceramic tint it.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Ya, but when your windshield gets a chip and cracks then you have to re-tint it again. Besides replacing the windshield, you have to again ceramic tint it.
Tint is applied to the inside of the windshield, not the outside, so unless you get a massive crack where you have to replace the entire windshield, this wouldn't be an issue.

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Tint is applied to the inside of the windshield, not the outside, so unless you get a massive crack where you have to replace the entire windshield, this wouldn't be an issue.
If you get a chip and you have a 40min drive or longer on the freeway, that chip will start cracking from the air pressure on the windshield. Also, why would anyone install tint on the outside:rolleyes1:

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I got a dash carpet mat. It helps a little with heat. It prevents reflections of the dashboard on the windshield. Prevents the dash from cracking/fading. And it was 12 bucks on ebay.. worth the investment.

58FA0CDA-0741-4BE8-A067-3BD8589C809D.jpeg
Link?

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ctr
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the same dash pad. paid more than $6.00 though. I think it works great. Hate the dash reflection in the windshield. this takes care of that and protects the dash. https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-Dashboard-Dash-Mat-DashMat-Sun-Cover-Pad-For-Honda-10th-gen-Civic-2016-2020/292490998151?fits=Model:Civic&epid=27021745613&hash=item4419d27187:g:ar4AAOSwL3Fa1Zj0
Thanks. I just pulled the trigger on a similar one on Amazon. I think they all come from the same place. lol.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For those of you that have a dash pad, do you notice if it changes the performance of the stereo? The center channel is covered and it removes a "hard surface".
Sponsored