Don't break your windshield or you are screwed

jtpc2007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Wife had large rock bust the windshield. Over 2 weeks later and no word as to when the new windshield will arrive. Safelite doesn't have aftermarket options yet so having to wait on Honda for a Honda windshield. I've reached out to customer service and a case manager should call in 1 to 2 days. This is horrible timing seeing how we are moving out of state soon and the car can't be driven. If I paid to have it hauled, I'd have to start the backorder process all over again with a different dealer out of state. Beyond frustrated with this backorder. May sell the car as is so I won't have to deal with this hassle if windshield won't arrive before we move. No clue why it would take a month to get a windshield on a mass produced economy car.
Sponsored

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
Same happened to me 4 days after getting my car. Dealer had it fix in 2 days! Genuine Honda replacement, insurance covered it as there was only 400 kms on the car...

Honda Civic 10th gen Don't break your windshield or you are screwed DSC_0092.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Don't break your windshield or you are screwed DSC_0091.JPG

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't understand why it would take a whole month for a replacement. A glass shop could probably make one by then. :p

If it's blocking your view, then I understand having to wait, but if it's not in your line of sight, just drive it until the replacement comes in.

:postpics:

OP
OP

jtpc2007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I can't understand why it would take a whole month for a replacement. A glass shop could probably make one by then. :p

If it's blocking your view, then I understand having to wait, but if it's not in your line of sight, just drive it until the replacement comes in.

:postpics:
The Rock was big enough it compromised the windshield. Glass inside vehicle from impact.

And yeah, No clue why I can't get a windshield sooner. Called 3 glass places with the same answer. 2 dealerships. All the same. Waiting on an answer from Honda as to what the heck is going on. This is a problem maybe a supercar 1 of 500 built might have for his Italian made car, but a Civic? Beyond inconvenient

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The Rock was big enough it compromised the windshield. Glass inside vehicle from impact.

And yeah, No clue why I can't get a windshield sooner. Called 3 glass places with the same answer. 2 dealerships. All the same. Waiting on an answer from Honda as to what the heck is going on. This is a problem maybe a supercar 1 of 500 built might have for his Italian made car, but a Civic? Beyond inconvenient
Call more dealers. Make a hassle. Don't take a hit financially over a windshield! That's unacceptable. One month is far to long for any car!

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
You might not want an aftermarket windshield. Your car came with a special acoustic windshield. If you looked at it closely, at an angle, it's shaped like a bubble. Aftermarket windshields are like aftermarket auto parts.Not as good as the OEM part. I had an aftermarket windshield installed on my last car and upon close inspection saw that it was approximately 75% the thickness of the original windshield.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, I was quoted 435.00cnd for my new OEM from Honda. But I just went through insurance..... 50 dollar deductible lol
$435 for OEM isn't bad at all, even if you didn't use the insurance. I thought I read were someone had said it was like $1600 or so.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
sometimes you get what you pay for. Like when you go to an aftermarket brake shop and they install cheap shitty rotors and cheap shitty pads on your car and three months later your rotors overheat and warp and you've got a pulsation in your brakes and you take it back to them and they tell you that you "drove too fast and stopped too hard".
Really? Corvettes can go 160. How come their rotors don't overheat and warp?

Last edited:

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
sometimes you get what you pay for. Like when you go to an aftermarket brake shop and they install cheap shitty rotors and cheap shitty pads on your car and three months later your rotors overheat and warp and you've got a pulsation in your brakes and you take it back to them and they tell you that you "drove too fast and stopped too hard".
Really? Corvettes can go 160. How come their rotors don't overheat and warp?
That's why you change them yourself! One of the easiest jobs

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's why you change them yourself! One of the easiest jobs
Because some people are not mechanically inclined enough to do it. And that's okay. Nothing wrong with that.

It's funny though, because those same people are probably the ones posting reference links, or quoting us statistics about how we better follow certain guidelines or our engine will explode. :)

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Because some people are not mechanically inclined enough to do it. And that's okay. Nothing wrong with that.

It's funny though, because those same people are probably the ones posting reference links, or quoting us statistics about how we better follow certain guidelines or our engine will explode. :)
I'm just glad they're not saying, "Should have bought the NEW 2016 CHEVY CRUZE!"

OP
OP

jtpc2007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Call more dealers. Make a hassle. Don't take a hit financially over a windshield! That's unacceptable. One month is far to long for any car!
Safelite has even tried dealers in Arkansas (I'm in Oklahoma) with same backorder issue. Still waiting on Honda USA customer service to tell me what the hell is going on.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I can do my own brakes anytime I feel like it. Any moron can. I just don't feel like it.
Sponsored

Last edited: