cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
For those of you doing the entire maintenance of your car, including brakes, etc., what types of tools are you using. In general, I'd like to know if corded and cordless impact tools are up to the task or do I need a full pneumatic setup?
Sponsored

RHMS

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SPB(2x), 350z, Si
I love my cordless tools. My favorite tool of all time is my Milwaukee M12 wrench and small impact gun.
Honda Civic 10th gen Doing your own maintenance milwaukee-impact-wrenches-2554-20-2557-20-64_600

And my bigger impact gun is a Bauer 20v from Harbor Freight. Most of Bauer stuff is good. The only cordless item of thiers I dont like is the grinder. It can only deal with very light work.

Cordless is the way to go. They will certainly be able to handle most tasks. Very rarely do I need to use pneumatic tools. The most common pneumatic tools I will use is an air hammer, impact gun (for stubborn stuff), and a chuck to adjust tire pressures.

Even for handtools, a majority of my handtools come from Harbor Freight and I use them quite often.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have Dewalt cordless impacts, a 1/4” bit ”Mini” for light duty tasks, and a 1/2 drive beast for everything else.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No power tools here ? just a whole lot of elbow grease & my handy craftsman box

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
I use hand tools for most items. Cordless impacts should be more than enough for standard maintenance. Unless you are removing the subframe for clutch installs, etc; no heavy tools are needed. Standard maintenance = hand tools and a good cordless impact for *hits and giggles.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought about buying the electric ratchet but not worth the $120. All I do is oil, brakes and wheels.
Sponsored