Does this car just have a fragile Windshield?

backdown

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018
Country flag
Yes. I reached out to Honda and they documented my case of easily chipped windshields. I suggest more people email Honda so they can do something about this cheap Chinese glass they’re putting on the cars.
Sponsored

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Yes. I reached out to Honda and they documented my case of easily chipped windshields. I suggest more people email Honda so they can do something about this cheap Chinese glass they’re putting on the cars.
Type R windshield is made in Italy and OEM replacement costs ~$1,000. I assume the other Civics (with fancier windshields would be more).

mlecarg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I am getting tiny nicks all over like a starry night sky. It can't seem to handle any impacts from the slightest debris at all. I'm driving the same route to work I drove with my 14-year-old Corolla. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being some sort of class action suit, like with the Nissan Altima's CVT.

TheRedGlacier

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1994 Trans Am, 1963 Corvette
Country flag
Yeah this is a little ridiculous. My windshield cracked from a pebble, the size of a pencil tip, hitting it. Car in front of me was driving maybe 25-30 MPH, and I was about 5 car lengths away.

Sowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 veloster
Country flag
Ya I have 3 already. Only owned the car a little over a month

jugraj

First Name
Jugraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T Coupe
Country flag
My windshield had cracked too. It even got worse by the end of the day so I had to get it replaced the very next day. It's actually insane how easy it was for the crack to spread. The crack had originally started from the bottom edge and then made it way through to centre and then towards the driver's side. Honda quoted me C$850 + labour but I got it done through a local garage for C$350 including everything (My car does not have sensing). The glass was manufactured by PGW (Pittsburgh Glass Works) and the original glass was made by FY (both are OEMs). Obviously I don't have the Honda logo now but I couldn't care less, especially given how fragile it is

Honda Civic 10th gen Does this car just have a fragile Windshield? IMG_5860

Turbo65

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Well mine cracked today,, apparently some tiny hit from a stone or something did it. I’ve owned the car from new in March and I don’t remember anything hitting it but I went out to lunch came back all is well. Hoped in at quitting time and staring right at me is a nice crack starting between the wiper arms going about half way up. Where I park there is no grass or yard work activity or even close cars. I’ve never had this in nearly 40 years of driving pisses me right off
Sponsored