Does the Si have subwoofer included with radio?

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
There are a few posts scattered across the landscape that mention direct-fit replacements, but everyone says an amp is also needed because the whole problem is that it doesn't get any power to begin with. So I plan (soonish) to add a monobloc amp to see if providing power to the factory sub actually allows it to do its job. If the driver blows out because Honda never intended it to actually be used, well then at least I will already be wired to add a better sub.
With the right music and the subwoofer channel turned up +3 (bass turned down -1) I can get some really bad distortion at volume 12-14. An amp might help a little but that sub just can't take it.
Sponsored

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ha yeah it's not great.

BUT - I have solved the issue somewhat by getting the rattle fixed, and moving the sound closer to the rear with the EQ. I now get much more bass and it is cleaner.

Honestly after figuring out the optimal setting for the types of music I listen to, I'm a big fan of the stereo. Much better than what I've had in the past - 3 cars with BOSE, one with Harmon Kardon.
Mind sharing your settings?

SC5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey, new guy here. So has anyone actually replaced the stock sub with something aftermarket and hooked it up to an external amp?
Is this even possible?

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Mind sharing your settings?
Sorry this took so long. Here are my settings - hope this makes sense, let me know if not. Before reading - keep in mind that this is tuned for the specific music I listen to. Bass-heavy electronic music (IDM, trap, darkwave), Rap/Hip-Hop and other electronic stuff.

Also - if you don't have a sub rattle now, you will discover it through these settings. The only way this sounds good is without the rattle.

The main issue I was having with the bass, especially with it turned all the way up (not the sub - the bass) - is that it sent too much bass to the front door speakers which can barely handle it, making the overall system sound super tinny. Moving the sound further towards the rear helped with this quite a bit. It doesn't mess with the balance too much since, IMO, the center speaker on the dash is REALLY upfront/loud with default settings.

Let me know what you think - if it sounds terrible to you, I want to know! With the sub and bass maxed out, it will distort at very high volumes. I listen to my music loud but not THAT loud. Adjust the bass accordingly. :)

----

DTS Neural Surround: ON
Fader RR: 8th dot from the left (closer to RR than FR)
Balance: In the middle
Subwoofer: Maxed out

Bass: Maxed out
Middle: 6th dot from the left
Treble: 4th dot from the right (on the higher side)

Last edited:

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
Hey, new guy here. So has anyone actually replaced the stock sub with something aftermarket and hooked it up to an external amp?
Is this even possible?
of course its possible. many of us are running aftermarket subs and amps.

0CD7450D-D831-4066-A212-E74539930B6E.jpeg

SC5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
of course its possible. many of us are running aftermarket subs and amps.

0CD7450D-D831-4066-A212-E74539930B6E.jpeg
Hi,

Sorry what I meant is did anyone successfully remove the existing center woofer in the rear dash and replaced it with an aftermarket woofer and added external amp. I'm trying to improve the low end without adding a box in the trunk. Adding a box is my fallback solution.

But boy is the stock bass lacking. Wow

Thanks!

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
Hi,

Sorry what I meant is did anyone successfully remove the existing center woofer in the rear dash and replaced it with an aftermarket woofer and added external amp. I'm trying to improve the low end without adding a box in the trunk. Adding a box is my fallback solution.

But boy is the stock bass lacking. Wow

Thanks!

ahhhhh. yep stock bass sucks! i havent heard of any decent sub replacements for that rear dash though.

SC5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
ahhhhh. yep stock bass sucks! i havent heard of any decent sub replacements for that rear dash though.
Yeah I'm not adventurous enough to give it a shot. I have a low profile 10inch pioneer box that I may just install and call it a day. Maybe down the road I will experiment with the stock sub. Also Ive been throwing around the idea of coming up with a custom box that goes on either right or left hand side in the trunk.

Nice setup BTW
Sponsored