Does the Si have subwoofer included with radio?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
My Chrome operating system will NOT let me download the full features from the Honda Home site. I used to have a 2016 EX-T and it did have the sub and I think 450 watt system. Is the Si coupe having the same feature in 2019? Best sound and sub?
Sponsored

First Name
Optimus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si Coupe
Country flag
My Chrome operating system will NOT let me download the full features from the Honda Home site. I used to have a 2016 EX-T and it did have the sub and I think 450 watt system. Is the Si coupe having the same feature in 2019? Best sound and sub?
yup coupe Si has the sub. It's less watts and fewer speakers than the hatchback though.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Where is the Factory sub mounted in the si coupe?

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Subwoofer is so lame people aren't sure if it's there :D
Ha yeah it's not great.

BUT - I have solved the issue somewhat by getting the rattle fixed, and moving the sound closer to the rear with the EQ. I now get much more bass and it is cleaner.

Honestly after figuring out the optimal setting for the types of music I listen to, I'm a big fan of the stereo. Much better than what I've had in the past - 3 cars with BOSE, one with Harmon Kardon.

OP
OP

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Thank you ... I did not have a rattle in the EX T ... I guess I lucked out ... I would love a hatch but the back end black plastic is a no can do.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Factory subwoofers are always lame. The factory Bose sub in my rsx wasn’t good either

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Factory subwoofers are always lame. The factory Bose sub in my rsx wasn’t good either
Not always! But most of the time yes :)

Try to get some seat time in a recent Lexus with Mark Levinson. My god....for a stock subwoofer (and stereo), it is incredible.

All my previous cars just had dual woofers as an attempt to handle bass, no dedicated sub.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
yeah i pretty much cant tell if that bitch is there half the time

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
Would be nice to change it out. Anyone done it?
I searched far and wide to see if someone had found an aftermarket sub that would fit to replace the OEM sub in the rear deck. I found nothing.

It seems the accepted method of fixing it is a trunk box or an under-seat box instead.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Civic SI factory sub were always a joke.
Compared to other brands.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
450 watt 10 speaker system including the shitty subwoofer thats on a rear decklid.

so shitty i removed it and have a 12inch JL Audio w6 to give me that good ass bass.

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I searched far and wide to see if someone had found an aftermarket sub that would fit to replace the OEM sub in the rear deck. I found nothing.

It seems the accepted method of fixing it is a trunk box or an under-seat box instead.
There are a few posts scattered across the landscape that mention direct-fit replacements, but everyone says an amp is also needed because the whole problem is that it doesn't get any power to begin with. So I plan (soonish) to add a monobloc amp to see if providing power to the factory sub actually allows it to do its job. If the driver blows out because Honda never intended it to actually be used, well then at least I will already be wired to add a better sub.
Sponsored