Does it seem like there are a lot of short term owners?

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I live in Illinois as well. We carve corn fields. Lol
LOL! That explains the crop circles there :p There's a good folk horror film spoof.. Civics in the Corn :)

We carve south of the border wild flower over here in SoCal;)

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Most corners in that part of the country are 90 degrees, as in square - all intersections.
And it's always a mile from one corner to the next.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
True, it's in the luxury sports sedan column :) but... the m340i i can take to the track... incredible performance overall with the luxury not to mention most likely cheaper... but we haven't determined the price of the IS500 yet ;) IS500 doesn't scream "IS F!" Instead, it's a page taken from the playbooks of BMW and Audi, which have long offered such midgrade performance models.
True. If the IS500 ends up being twice the price of a CTR, V8 or not, no thanks. It's not a full blown performance focused ISF, which in manual form would absolutely entice me.

While you can't ever claim a car to be reliable before its even sold, Lexus' track record on reliability is absolutely undeniable. This includes the F cars. The tradeoff is not having the absolute latest tech and being a bit more "numb" than the German track focused competitors......but I like to keep my cars a decent amount of time and that definitely isn't practical with the Germans (Porsche aside).

Hell, if the CTR doesn't have any major engine/trans issues, I don't see replacing it as my DD for 10+ years, like I did with my Jeep before it became unrealistic to keep on the road. An ISF is exactly what enthusiasts like me need in a daily. Not complaining, I LOVE my R, but a RWD V8 Japanese performance car is in a higher tier. Still, even with the V8, no manual, no thanks for me.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
When i bought my 2017 CW, i truly believed I would keep it for 10+ years as a summer car. But then I ordered the LE and was planning to keep the 2017 as a daily. Fast forward a few more months, I got a new job opportunity and had to move province. With the new living arrangement, I cannot keep 3 cars. So the 2017 was traded-in when I picked up the LE.

Moral of the story: life is unpredictable and sometimes you just have to make compromises.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
When i bought my 2017 CW, i truly believed I would keep it for 10+ years as a summer car. But then I ordered the LE and was planning to keep the 2017 as a daily. Fast forward a few more months, I got a new job opportunity and had to move province. With the new living arrangement, I cannot keep 3 cars. So the 2017 was traded-in when I picked up the LE.

Moral of the story: life is unpredictable and sometimes you just have to make compromises.
you plan on driving the LE as often as you could?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I think Illinois does have it's winding roads, maybe a track or 2..? Seek and you'll shall find :) Yes we have that luxury in California... didn't know it was taboo in this forum.
It's not, but it's also not the only reason to buy a car. Lots of metrics to go by, even with performance/sports cars.

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Most corners in that part of the country are 90 degrees, as in square - all intersections.
And it's always a mile from one corner to the next.
... oh now we're getting into Drifting :) ... although I prefer RWD Manual over FWD w/ lunch trays ;)

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
It will be my daily driver.
...wewong's daily driver Corolla LE (not sure what LE you're referring 2...) a few months from now after the wife has a word or 2 with yah... LE to a tad bit different LE>>>
Honda Civic 10th gen Does it seem like there are a lot of short term owners? Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 3.34.08 PM

... get as close to a CTR as you can ;)

Last edited:

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
I bought a high priced 2021 LE and paid for it in full...i still haven’t driven it yet nor any other Type R...my new car is sitting in my heated garage with only 5 miles on the odometer...after reading these 5 pages of comments, it will be interesting to see if I like the new car once I get behind the wheel ?

One thing I do know...is that chances of me ever seeing another LE will be very slim when I’m cruising around...and that is important to me...I like being different than everyone and the LE will suit my needs ?

Reactions: BBQ