Does it ever make sense to buy a used Si?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
My 2019 Si was the first car I bought new. I tend to buy used cars ~3 years old, but I also saw that used 2017-2018 Si's were only $2-3k cheaper than a new one, so I opted for a new one.

If you have the dough, I say go for a new one. You could probably get a really good deal for a leftover 2019 model, unless you want the 2020 with the facelift, Honda Sensing, LED headlamps & black wheels.
That is so un-desi. For shame, for shame. You young, ABCD's....
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hey, I bought a damn Honda Civic! That's about the most Guju move ever, next to buying a Corolla.

I'd rather be an ABCD for a day, than a Fob that lives forever.
And to think FOB Cha-cha and Chachi had such high hopes for you. Now you will have to excuse me, I have to fetch that penny I dropped behind my desk

Honda Civic 10th gen Does it ever make sense to buy a used Si? cheap

Last edited:

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's always based on whether you're willing to take the risk or not. Being that it's a civic si, a lot of the used car owners are usually the younger crowd (leased) and also a lot of people learn stick on the si for the first time.

Could very well get lucky and have a mint used si that was treated carefully but also the opposite..

Years ago in college one of my homies leased a 2017 si and beat the hell out of it. Was his first manual car so he learned stick on it, he money shifted a few times, and really pushed the limits of it beating on it on his last few weeks with the car.

Inevitably you will have people like this with whatever car brand but I think it's a higher chance with models like the Si or maybe the WRX.

I'd say buying new makes the most sense if you are going to keep the car for a while and want a bit of peace of mind knowing that it's your baby from the start.

Shonuff

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan/2019 CR-V/2012 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I bought mine used. I got a '17 w/41k kms on it and the balance of factory warranty. It helps that I work at a dealership and was able to pull the trigger before it went online. If you want to save some coin then pre-owned is the way to go. Just make sure you give it a good drive and note any issues before taking delivery.

07EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
For this specific car if you are financing it typically makes more sense to buy new vs used. What a lot of people don’t realize is financing brand new you will almost always get a better Apr than used. So on paper before financing it looks like your saving a couple thousand but with interest your not saving as much. As one of the members stated you can probably get a great deal on a 19 but if you like the new features provided go for a 20
I totally agree with this. When I bought my 18 Si, I locked in at 0.49% APR for 5 years. If you compare that to the average 5% - 6% APR you get on used cars … it more than makes up for the up-front price difference between new and used. In addition, when it comes to these "enthusiast" cars, I'd rather buy a new and make sure nobody drove the hell out of the car for the first 2-3 years of its life.

dk127itr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Sometimes, buying new is cheaper as mentioned, I just picked up my 2020 Si 4 door for a little over $23,000.

If you find a low mile used one thats Honda Certified + (that extra + makes a difference!) you can get a 7 yr/100k mile powertrain warranty and 5 yr/86k mile b2b. So if you find a 2019 or 2020 Si that someone kicked around for 1000 miles and traded it back in and its Certified +, you can get a better warranty than buying it new. You get 2 free oil changes also. Its pretty much like Honda Care for free.

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Sometimes, buying new is cheaper as mentioned, I just picked up my 2020 Si 4 door for a little over $23,000.

If you find a low mile used one thats Honda Certified + (that extra + makes a difference!) you can get a 7 yr/100k mile powertrain warranty and 5 yr/86k mile b2b. So if you find a 2019 or 2020 Si that someone kicked around for 1000 miles and traded it back in and its Certified +, you can get a better warranty than buying it new. You get 2 free oil changes also. Its pretty much like Honda Care for free.
Can you expand on your price? Was the 23000 before tax, title etc?

dk127itr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Can you expand on your price? Was the 23000 before tax, title etc?
$23150 plus tax, title, license. In chicago area. If your interested, I can hook you up with my salesman. I've bought 4 hondas from this place and I've priced them across the country and they're always the cheapest.

Da215Kaos

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased my 2017 si with 17K miles. The only thing that I could see that was done to it was change the factory H to red H. Car was clean, no issues. Also was a lease but from what I could see, they took very good care of it. Currently I have 20K miles on it, as it is my daily but I don't regret buying used. In a way a saved a few bucks. Now, I'm doing some upgrades.

Honda Civic 10th gen Does it ever make sense to buy a used Si? 20200229_172421

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
You’re typically safer buying a used si or type r over a non si. I have seen sport hatches and ex’s modified more heavily than our higher trims in my area.

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Man, you can get used 2019 Si's with under 10k miles for $18k now. For a car with over $25k MSRP, that is a steal!
i have not seen used for 18k unless you are finding them private party...dealerships are selling them for a few 1k under new or even more than new!
Sponsored