Does Honda Sensing differ on different models?

heyyoudvd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/ Sensing
I just picked up my Canadian LX with Sensing and when the Honda 'Product Genius' was showing me the interior and going over the controls, he made some comment in passing about how the Sensing feature suite is different on the Touring vs on all other models.

I think it was something about the adaptive cruise control and automatic braking working at all speeds on the Touring, whereas it only works at highway speeds on lower models.

Is this true? Over the last couple months, I've read every bit of literature I could find on message boards and on Honda's official website regarding the feature comparisons between the different models, and there's absolutely nothing mentioned about Honda Sensing providing fewer features on lower models.

What's going on here?
Sponsored

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just picked up my Canadian LX with Sensing and when the Honda 'Product Genius' was showing me the interior and going over the controls, he made some comment in passing about how the Sensing feature suite is different on the Touring vs on all other models.

I think it was something about the adaptive cruise control and automatic braking working at all speeds on the Touring, whereas it only works at highway speeds on lower models.

Is this true? Over the last couple months, I've read every bit of literature I could find on message boards and on Honda's official website regarding the feature comparisons between the different models, and there's absolutely nothing mentioned about Honda Sensing providing fewer features on lower models.

What's going on here?
He was probably referring to Low Speed Follow. Is this available on yours? I have a Touring and I use ACC with LSF and LKAS a lot.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
They are all the same. Sensing provides the same features on all models. Poor employee training. I'd be leary of anything else this person says.

OP
OP

heyyoudvd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/ Sensing
They are all the same. Sensing provides the same features on all models. Poor employee training. I'd be leary of anything else this person says.
He seemed to really know his stuff though.

Like CosmicTouring said above, I think he was referring to Low Speed Follow. Is LSF exclusive to certain models?

I'm not with my car right now, so I can't see if the feature is included on a Canadian LX, but I don't recall seeing any mention of LSF on the steering wheel or above the speedometer where the LKAS and ACC indicators are.

Frost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic LX 2016
Theer is no LSF indicator.
It just says ACC.
If it has ACC it has low speed follow.
No need to repeat itself.

manual page 417

ACC (green) is on in the instrument panel.

ACC with LSF is ready to use.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I have a Canadian EX-T and it includes low speed follow. As said above there is no indicator for it but I know it's there bc I use it in traffic. Low speed follow is what will automatically bring your car to a full stop automatically when using ACC.

As far as I know, the Honda sensing suite is exactly the same regardless of model.

OP
OP

heyyoudvd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/ Sensing
Theer is no LSF indicator.
It just says ACC.
If it has ACC it has low speed follow.
No need to repeat itself.

manual page 417

ACC (green) is on in the instrument panel.

ACC with LSF is ready to use.
If this is true, that's great news.
I'm just really confused by what the Honda dealership told me. That had me worried.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
You can test it out fairly easily.

At a crawl in city driving, activate ACC - it'll beep display 40 km/h. And it'll trail the car in front of you -- it's mostly useful in stop/go situations.

It'll come to a complete stop, and you need to tap on throttle to start again as it won't start again automatically.

LKAS won't work under 72 km/h, regardless of model.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I wish I could personally find more specifics on Honda Sensing and if there are different builds and versions. In terms of what the dealer says, I had one idiot dealer that kept trying to touch the non-touchscreen on our 2013 Pilot and quoting incredibly wrong stuff, so no fact checking for dealers.

I'm in the US, so I can't speak for Canadian models, but for us, the EX (and later) includes Lane Watch while the LX does not which might be part of the confusion.

The real reason I posted, though, is that according to Wikipedia, the Civic is the only Honda model to have Low Speed Follow while the others (like Accord) do not. Is this the case?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
the EX (and later) includes Lane Watch while the LX does not which might be part of the confusion.

The real reason I posted, though, is that according to Wikipedia, the Civic is the only Honda model to have Low Speed Follow while the others (like Accord) do not. Is this the case?
Start here for more info on Honda Sensing and the 2016 Civic Sedan.

Honda does not market LaneWatch as part of the Honda Sensing suite.

Per Honda, see link above, LSF was new to Honda for the 2016 Civic Sedan. Seems likely it would make it into more models in future model years.
Sponsored