Does cruise control suck?

Koston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
I’m in the UK with adaptive cruise.
It adjusts 1mph per button click on mine.

With adaptive it will try to reach your set speed but if the car in front is slower it will keep the preset distance (squares with a car symbol)

It also tries to do this as you approach to overtake on a motorway and can even detect cars it thinks are going to pull out into your lane.

Long button press will increase the speed in 10mph increments
Sponsored

Last edited:

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
then I concur the cruise blows in the Type R. Fun Fact: my EVO came with no Cruise Control, it was not even an option. Reason I guess: Racecar?

Type R is similar I suspect not many thought we'd be using cruise control in a type r. Maybe honda thought few of us would daily drive the car. My denali and evo have sat since I've bought this car.
Man, I wished I had cruise control on my Evo 8 I always go for long drives and CC would have helped a lot especially going to Vegas. The CC works fine for me, who cares if a couple mph off. As long as I can get my foot off the accelerator and relax.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
i can drive with no hands with my 2020 CTR
Does it come o a complete stop when a traffic light is red? on it's own? I don't often trust a car to break on its own, but ive heard the 2020 Type r can do this. im not one to test it though..last thing i need is for the feature to fail and i rear end someone....

LaGrrrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Does it come o a complete stop when a traffic light is red? on it's own? I don't often trust a car to break on its own, but ive heard the 2020 Type r can do this. im not one to test it though..last thing i need is for the feature to fail and i rear end someone....
No, it'll bump you out once your speed dips below the minimum Cruise Control speed (25mph). Collision Avoidance, however, definitely will, but it does that by braking like a motherfucker.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
This is how the CC works: hold the up or down until the speedo reads the desired set speed. Just pressing it once, in either direction, does nothing.
Brings speed up or down about 1 mph
I have followed a car right off the interstate, up the ramp to a red light and stopped without ever touching the gas or brake.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
All the bells and whistles on this car is the best. I'm glad I waited to buy mine.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I have followed a car right off the interstate, up the ramp to a red light and stopped without ever touching the gas or brake.
Not in a manual you didn't. The car can't operate the clutch for you.

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag

no manual car will come to complete stop on its own.The engine wills stall , you will get a warning light on the dash. On long highway trips the LKAS , Adaptive cruise and lane departure work amazing in this car. I drove my 2018 CTR 600 miles and it was a night and day difference for driver fatigue driving 600 miles again in the 2020 CTR.

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
No, it'll bump you out once your speed dips below the minimum Cruise Control speed (25mph). Collision Avoidance, however, definitely will, but it does that by braking like a motherfucker.
I always hit my brake in time so this does not happen to me ,
does the 2020 suppose to brake for you to avoid collision? I am afraid to test lol

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
All the bells and whistles on this car is the best. I'm glad I waited to buy mine.
It is so easy to disable everything with the main button on the steering wheel. If i want lkas i can enable it quickly and or disable it. Does not change my driving experience at all with the 2018. In fact with the ASC the car is more enjoyable to drive. I do not hear squeaks /rattles and buzzing issue with the clutch cable that no one has figured out what the issue was to fix it.

LaGrrrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I always hit my brake in time so this does not happen to me ,
does the 2020 suppose to brake for you to avoid collision? I am afraid to test lol
It'll kick in for me if some clown brakes hard at the last second and I jump into the next lane. Even though I'm clear of hitting them, it'll bring it to a complete stop.
Sponsored