Does anyone know the thread size for wheel locks for Touring?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased a 2016 Touring, and someone suggested McGuard wheel locks, but there are several sizes and I don't know the thread size on the car. Does anyone know?
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see some are listed as 12MMx1.5 and some as M12x1.5 is that the same thing?

classmarcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T LSM ; 2006 Civic EX ASM
Country flag
Google this, Mcgard 24157... thats the exact part number/SKU/ model number that I got for my civic. :)

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Google this, Mcgard 24157... thats the exact part number/SKU/ model number that I got for my civic. :)
Ok good, those are the ones I ordered from Amazon.com for 22 bucks
But I also saw others that got good ratings as well but the size says 12mmx1.5 so I was wondering if its the same thing as m12.x1.5

classmarcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yup, if thats what you got ordered then your golden...though, when i installed it on my wheels, the locks were a bit longer than the stock lugnuts so it will sit a bit higher than the stock ones. but screw thread/pitch is exact.

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yup, if thats what you got ordered then your golden...though, when i installed it on my wheels, the locks were a bit longer than the stock lugnuts so it will sit a bit higher than the stock ones. but screw thread/pitch is exact.
But what about the other size ones? 12mm x 1.5? Is that the same thing?
I was told to put multiple wheel locks on my tires to make them harder to steal

classmarcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
well wikipedia says its the same but dont quote me on it...

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Bworks3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus RX 300
But what about the other size ones? 12mm x 1.5? Is that the same thing?
I was told to put multiple wheel locks on my tires to make them harder to steal
I'd be interested to know which parts you ended up purchasing and how they fit/look.

Bworks3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus RX 300
would 12x1.25 be a better fit?

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be interested to know which parts you ended up purchasing and how they fit/look.
Photo attached, I have 2 sets on there, one came with the car, and when I had my LED interior lights installed, I'd also brought another set of wheel locks to put on, the tech and I were chatting and he told me I had purchased the wrong size, that Amazon's stupid parts advisor had told me the wrong size. He said he had an extra set of the Honda ones laying around and put them on for free for me. No charge for the locks either. He also told me that the wheel locks Honda's branded are actually McGuard wheel locks. I have 2 sets on my wheels right now. I figure make them more annoying to steal right? I'm going to put a 3rd set on at some point. And also don't store the key in the glove box, store it in some out of the way place.
What I have is 12x 1.5

Attachments

Bworks3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus RX 300
Photo attached, I have 2 sets on there, one came with the car, and when I had my LED interior lights installed, I'd also brought another set of wheel locks to put on, the tech and I were chatting and he told me I had purchased the wrong size, that Amazon's stupid parts advisor had told me the wrong size. He said he had an extra set of the Honda ones laying around and put them on for free for me. No charge for the locks either. He also told me that the wheel locks Honda's branded are actually McGuard wheel locks. I have 2 sets on my wheels right now. I figure make them more annoying to steal right? I'm going to put a 3rd set on at some point. And also don't store the key in the glove box, store it in some out of the way place.
What I have is 12x 1.5
Thanks for the info and the pic. I'd like to see some aftermarket product photo's if anyone has them.

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info and the pic. I'd like to see some aftermarket product photo's if anyone has them.
The McGuard set looks identical to the Honda branded set, because McGuard makes the Honda branded ones. I was told by 2 different people that the McGuard are some of the best made
Sponsored